i30 Owners Club

Auto link Premium - Network Unstable issues

mesher · 5 · 3074

Offline mesher

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Melbourne
Hi all, just wondering any folks have had issues with their Auto link Premium when they encounter a "network unstable" issue appearing on their app?
Phone reception is fine (have tried 2 different phones) without any luck.
I've had Auto link premium for about 4 weeks (since I got my car from the dealer) and after the 1st "complimentary" service, it seems to have stopped working.
Down in Victoria , Australia here ( hopefully not linked to our recently announced lockdown)  :undecided:
  • 2020 N-line premium, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, DCT, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi all, just wondering any folks have had issues with their Auto link Premium when they encounter a "network unstable" issue appearing on their app?
I've had Auto link premium for about 4 weeks (since I got my car from the dealer) and after the 1st "complimentary" service, it seems to have stopped working.
Down in Victoria , Australia here ( hopefully not linked to our recently announced lockdown)  :undecided:

Might be worth giving the service department a call to ask if the updated any software/ firmware related to that feature during the complimenary service. I only ever had the Standard Auto Link with my 20117 non premium SR and pretty much gave up on that (too buggy).  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Griffy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra, ACT

I have the same car as Dazzler with the Standard AutoLink but I also am getting the same Network Unstable error. I've consulted with the dealership last week and they couldn't fix it so they have opted to order me a new dongle unit instead. Apparently the unit will need to be shipped from overseas so 4-6 weeks wait, will let you know how that goes.
  • 2017 i30 PD SR Premium

Offline mesher

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Melbourne
no worries thanks guys for the response. Looks like a major network issue with Telstra last weekend caused the problem with autolink and autolink premium for lots of Victorian customers, unsure if it was national. Gave the dealership a call and they confirmed this as well when registering vehicles with autolink. Should be fixed by Friday AEST 7AM apparently.
Apparently another common fix (for those with the module/dongle using autolink premium) is to remove and reseat the unit back after a minute or so for the SIM service to restablish connection ( kind of like power cycling a phone)
  • 2020 N-line premium, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, DCT, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Mesher. Appreciate the update..  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal