i30 Owners Club

Leaking water into footwell 2017 Hatch

Offline Medic Ben

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
So my girlfriend has owned a 2017 Hyundai i30 Hatch for the past 2 years

Recently we had noticed that the seats have started getting moldy. Seats were replaced under warrantee.

Then a few weeks later after some decent rain, she noticed condensation droplets building up on the inside of the car. Sent in for another checkup and the dealership found that the passenger side front footwell was completely saturated with water under the carpets.

So after being told they need to remove the dash to investigate further they found what they claimed was an "impact crack" in the main footwell behind the dash. Unfortunately they "repaired" the crack before I got there to take a photo (the white stuff in the photo is their repair job using some kind of rubber sealant). They are trying to claim its not covered under warrantee as it is an "impact crack" but in my opinion it looks like it would be a manufacturing fault with a poor weld. But I have no way of really proving this. They are asking for $2400AUD to repair this (most of which is labor to remove and replace the dash).

I have tried researching this to see if I can find any pictures of the inside of an i30 to compare what the inside footwell looks like but cant find any picture. Anyone on here able to provide any pictures of the inside of the footwell behind the dash? I know its a huge job to remove a dash, but was hoping someone might have a photo from previous dash removals or something.

Cheers,
Ben

• Hyundai i30 hatch 2017

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal