• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks good. Does it sound any different. I guess with a pod filter it does.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Some information on the muffler used could be beneficial for some members looking at changing their muffler :) any video so people can get an idea of what it sounds like  :undecided:

Offline The Don

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
FYI the rear muffler is stainless steal 2.5 inch and made very little noise difference so I had the front
Muffler removed as well it's better but not as noise as I would like there is no drone at highway speeds small dct farts when changing gear not as much as VW Golf   I'm half happy  I think the turbo takes a lot of sound away the chrome tips  are dual walled stainless cost $85  each the whole job was $ 720 
  • 2018 i30SR 1.6 blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
FYI the rear muffler is stainless steal 2.5 inch and made very little noise difference so I had the front
Muffler removed as well it's better but not as noise as I would like there is no drone at highway speeds small dct farts when changing gear not as much as VW Golf   I'm half happy  I think the turbo takes a lot of sound away the chrome tips  are dual walled stainless cost $85  each the whole job was $ 720

:ta: Don, awesome. Good that there is no drone.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks, sounds like they used a fairly restricted muffler then did they, not the straight through (turbo) design :undecided:

The front muffler you had removed is also not a muffler, it's a resonator which eliminates mid body resonation noise coming up through the cabin.

Offline The Don

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
It’s a straight through muffler  maybe two small hotdogs on the back like other guys have done would have been noiser but the stainless muffler looks good
  • 2018 i30SR 1.6 blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal