i30 Owners Club

i30 N Fastback confirmed

tohis · 10 · 3236

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Hyundai has recently confirmed the N version of i30 Fastback coming soon. It will likely share the drivetrain and other technical stuff of the N hatchback.

Hyundai i30 Fastback N confirmed for late 2018 debut
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cant say I like the shape of it, looks like a Ford Mondeo with an upside down grill :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Cant say I like the shape of it, looks like a Ford Mondeo with an upside down grill :disapp:

Funny you should say that Craig because I've always liked the styling of the Ford Mondeo!

Plenty of uncamouflaged images around of the standard fastback too.

:link: hyundai i30 fastback - Google Search

Unlike the standard version of the i30 fastback, it appears Australia will get this N version.

:link: Hyundai i30 Fastback N confirmed for Australia

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks a little better in those photos but still seems outdated in its shape, the rear bumper looks completely mismatched to the curves on the rest of the car.

It might look better in the flesh :undecided: I wasn’t to keen on the PD shape when released either though it grew on me a little.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I tend to agree, to me its i40 with rear fin.
Looks like they were a bit stuck for some new look, probably better to mod the Kia Stinger design.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Thanks for that Purple, Im still ho hum - so what, about the rear, but it may be better in the flesh.

I was interested in the new DCT. Its wet clutch because the dry cant handle the torque. Wouldn't surprise me if the current DCT is phased out in all models.
Im having a noise issue with one in my stable, I tracked down a guy in the US who has had two replaced under warranty in his Veloster. Think he is a self styled speed freak who flogs and prangs his hot coupe.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
A pretty good video on the new i30n Fastback..     It doesn't have music all the way through

:link: 2019 Hyundai i30 Fastback N - Interior, Exterior and Driving Racetrack - YouTube
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It looks r-e-a-l-l-y good in grey...just a pity that our roads will make it blend in a bit too much for my liking.

Kinda like the look of the fastback shape...wonder if the production model will have the "fastback' badge on it like the grey one has..

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Front shot looks like grinning dog with sloppy jowls.
  • i30 sr

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal