i30 Owners Club

Number plate bulb holder

Offline Scooby_Doo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My 2011 i30 CW is coming up for its MOT in a few weeks. However, at some point in the past year or so, the plastic cover for one of the rear number plate (licence plate for future search purposes!) has come off, and taken the bulb off.

Does anyone happen to know a part number for this? I need to get it ordered and fitted in the next fortnight, and the local dealer quoted £150!!

• 2011 FD 5 Door Estate, Diesel 1.6lt, White

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi everyone,

My 2011 i30 CW is coming up for its MOT in a few weeks. However, at some point in the past year or so, the plastic cover for one of the rear number plate (licence plate for future search purposes!) has come off, and taken the bulb off.

Does anyone happen to know a part number for this? I need to get it ordered and fitted in the next fortnight, and the local dealer quoted £150!!
Is that for the parts only or fitted as well? Not sure what your plan is but 2 weeks is not a very long time .

Wrecking yards?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Is this what you're after? 15mins it took me to find this  :head_butt:

92501-2L100

looks like the hatch release is an integral part of the harness as well?

Korea to UK? Have you ever ordered from Korea before?

How strict is MOT? Can clear tape be placed to hold it until parts arrive?

Why did you not get the part number when you were at the dealer?

:link: ELANTRA TOURING 08- i30 i30CW 07- GENUINE LICENSE PLATE LAMP 925012L100 | eBay

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:26:54 by tw2005 »

Offline Scooby_Doo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thanks for that. What search term did you use out of interest? I just kept getting bulbs instead of the holder.

I still have some of the bits, I might try some Sugru to get it through the MOT. I'll need to get out and check the bulb still works. I damaged the interior boot card a while ago so I might replace that at the same time, and maybe even stick some sound deadening on the boot lid at the same time.

I didn't get the part number because my other half (in reality the car is hers) picked the car up.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Thanks for that. What search term did you use out of interest? I just kept getting bulbs instead of the holder.

I still have some of the bits, I might try some Sugru to get it through the MOT. I'll need to get out and check the bulb still works. I damaged the interior boot card a while ago so I might replace that at the same time, and maybe even stick some sound deadening on the boot lid at the same time.

I didn't get the part number because my other half (in reality the car is hers) picked the car up.
Of course, she who must be obeyed. Search term? if you're thinking google, good luck, that would be tricky. Hyundai parts catalog but finding it in that was a challenge. Ended up using "lamp" as a keyword to dig out all the "lamps" on the friggin car.

Yes, glue may be a good temp until te new one arrives. The hatch has similar issue where the plastic clips go hard and brittle, crack and hangs out the bumper. They have to be unclipped to replace the bulb, and that's when they are likely to crack.
Better plastics or design would help. Bit on the cheap side.

SO I guess the 150 was the part only?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Just noticed the lens can ordered (maybe) Koraps don't list it.

92510-3F000

Offline Scooby_Doo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Of course, she who must be obeyed. Search term? if you're thinking google, good luck, that would be tricky. Hyundai parts catalog but finding it in that was a challenge. Ended up using "lamp" as a keyword to dig out all the "lamps" on the friggin car.

Yes, glue may be a good temp until te new one arrives. The hatch has similar issue where the plastic clips go hard and brittle, crack and hangs out the bumper. They have to be unclipped to replace the bulb, and that's when they are likely to crack.
Better plastics or design would help. Bit on the cheap side.

SO I guess the 150 was the part only?

I think that might be it fitted. I don't have access to the parts catalogue (unless it's readily available!) so I was using Google, hence my question!

Offline Scooby_Doo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thought I'd post an update.

Received the part from koraps within about ten days of ordering it, and it was indeed what I was after - £28 from Korea, shipping included!

Fitting was relatively straightforward - unscrew and pop off the tailgate trim, undo four bolts to remove the exterior trim piece that holds the bulbs. Disconnect the battery, and then the connector for the lamp units. Take the trim piece off, unscrew all the screws, disassemble, reassemble with the new bits. Reverse to complete.

I didn't manage to seat all of the poppers on the lower tailgate trim though, I might need to get some poppers, remove it and try again.

Unfortunately, after all that, the car failed the MOT on a ball joint and the handbrake! Ah well.

Thanks tw2005 for the pointers, you saved me a fortune!

(on a side note, I'd punched a hole in mine years ago, and ordered a second hand replacement from eBay. I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and fit them at the same time, but the tailgate trim was in a worse state than the one I was taking off! Bugger).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob: :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal