i30 Owners Club

Good tinting places in Adelaide

ntebis · 13 · 3099

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
I remember seeing here (I think) somebody suggesting a good tinting place in Adelaide. I tried searching but couldnt find it (or it was somewhere else).

So my question is, do you know any good places for tinting in Adelaide?

TIA
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi, Unfortunately active members are very thin on the ground in SA. i can't recall a post about tinting in Adelaide but I'll update this thread if i find one.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline BarneyRubble

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
I had my PD i30SR tinted here: :link: Home Window Tinting Adelaide - Accredited Window Tinting

They are located in North Plympton and did a very fast and professional job using darkest legal SunTek Carbon 45 film - $250 all up. The product is covered against peeling, cracking. delamination etc. for as long as you retain ownership of the vehicle.

They also do Suntek CXP - which is a more premium product (an extra $80 to install I think from memory) which they say provides better protection against scratching and heat but I've never had a problem with the Carbon product in the past and after 12 months on my i30 it looks as good as when it was installed - no bubbles, lifting etc.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 19:50:45 by BarneyRubble »
  • 2017 PD i30SR Hatch DCT Sparkling Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Barney  :goodjob: :brilliant:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
MRS G’s PDSRPREM was done at Tint-A-Car Port Adelaide for Octane darkest legal tint at $350 and we’re happy with the result. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

MRS G’s PDSRPREM was done at Tint-A-Car Port Adelaide for Octane darkest legal tint at $350 and we’re happy with the result. :victory:

Thanks Gonz. You gave away the secret in that thread I linked to.  :crazy2: :snigger: :goodjob:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :snigger: I’m on shoestring WiFi and only for the next 2 weeks, then nothing for what could be a long time, so I don’t check links. Hence I’m also very keen to get quick advice on how to remove the driver’s lower panel from the lower door side corner before I snap something  :sweating:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:snigger: I’m on shoestring WiFi and only for the next 2 weeks, then nothing for what could be a long time, so I don’t check links. Hence I’m also very keen to get quick advice on how to remove the driver’s lower panel from the lower door side corner before I snap something  :sweating:

How come? Aren't you in Adelaide with your lovely wife now? :undecided:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
So ... in the fine tradition of talking to myself (looking at you, Dazz) I couldn’t remove the last screw on the driver’s crash pad without removing the dash end panel, so I settled for popping the press studs on the black and white felt upholstery and removing the floppy useless crap anyway.

That gave me enough room to sit upside down in the reclined driver’s seat and set eyes on the flasher unit. At this point I was ready to tap each of its 3 pins and locate a steady 12V when activated.

But then (cue the dramatic music) it dawned on me why the flasher fuse was always live! :crazy1:

The reason the left, right and hazard circuits all work off the same flasher is because it is activated by a switched load, not supply. :blubber:

Essentially, there is no steady voltage for a flashing state anywhere in the car.

So, with the felt lining removed from the pedal area, changing to an electronic flasher later is a bit easier without having to remove the crash pad, and I’ll go back to thinking up how to get daytime amber flashing.

There was mention on an auto electrician’s website of the effect I’m experiencing and the solution is to replace the 6 ohm loads with 3 ohm loads ‘to drain stray voltage more quickly’ but that would double blinking ballast current from 2 amps to 4, when what I prefer is to eliminate ballast altogether.

The adventure (on paper) continues while I have my DRLs back to blinking white in the daytime. :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Rather you than me!  :sweating: :crazy1:

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
Thank you everyone for the replies.

I will pass them to my buddy.
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Didn’t mean to highjack the thread, it happens with us talkative types. On tinting, my workmates recommend darkest legal on frontside windows (windscreen is untinted of course) and 2 shades darker everywhere else. :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal