i30 Owners Club

Difference of i30 SR PD and PD2 models?

jezgadi · 13 · 10278

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
What's the improvements on the PD2 models for the new i30? Tried looking online but can't find any results....
  • i30 SR

Offline Joewong

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I also tried looking for the differences after a friend told me her new i30 is a PD2 model. But my search came to nought. And I doubt my friend will know the differences between the two since she's new to the i30.
  • 2017 i30 Active PD 2.0-litre Auto Phantom Black

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
This should help.
The differences will depend on what model you get

:link: i30 model upgrade: more features, more choice | Hyundai Australia
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline Joewong

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thanks Andrich. Wonder if all these upgrades (besides the SmartSense package) would make the Active cost more? I wonder too if they can be retro-fitted to the Active PD model.  I would love to have that leather-appointed steering wheel and gear knob and some of the SmartSense features.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What's the improvements on the PD2 models for the new i30? Tried looking online but can't find any results....
The main difference in the later PD2 SR is the inclusion of the Infinity audio system.

Offline Joewong

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
The main difference in the later PD2 SR is the inclusion of the Infinity audio system.

No leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

No leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob?
The topic is titled for the SR model which all have leather :)

Offline Joewong

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
OIC. My bad. I was reading the link and it was for the other models.

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

Is that just the inclusion on the subwoofer & the amp to drive it??
Or are there better speakers & maybe even better output from the head unit?
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Is that just the inclusion on the subwoofer & the amp to drive it??
Or are there better speakers & maybe even better output from the head unit?

I saw a video somewhere where they said that the infinity systems have some proprietary software or processor to enhance compressed music formats or something like that.  So not sure if the speakers are different but the someware or processor driving them probably is.  :undecided:

It was a USA video review of an Elantra GT I think and it was mentioned during the review. They did also make mention of the 7 speakers including the subwoofer.

Think this was the one.

:link: Harman-Infinity Clari-fi audio technology on the 2017 Hyundai Elantra with Dawn Geary - YouTube
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Cheers Daz.     
For what I could take from that. Is that the Harman-Infinity Clari-fi audio technology boosts low bit rate MP3 files.
Which would be Ok in a high percentage of people listening to music in there car.
I had a aftermarket Kenwood head unit in my last car that had something very similar. Just under there own name.
Personally on the Kenwood unit, it didn't make it sound any better at all.  But of course on good quality amps & speakers.

So on a stock system.  It would make a slight difference..  But of course it would always be better to have good quality audio files to begin with.
As most of mine are either in FLAC format or I have ripped my CD's into iTunes..
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd expect all speakers to be at an upgraded level, Infinity are a speaker company after all plus they use their own amps, a little information here :link: Hyundai Elantra: Infinity sound, Blue Link and driver assists | TechRadar

Once the page maintanence is complete you should be able to get the full details here :link: Hyundai X Infinity

One of the American sites I was reading said the sound system was impressive with the sub being the only weak spot.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal