i30 Owners Club

i30 display issue and reverse beeper.

duggy · 9 · 6515

Offline duggy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan
So two issues with our I30 2009 wagon at the moment.
1st the display in the middle flashes intermittently, anyone had this issue and know the fix.
2nd the reverse beeper doesn’t not come on anymore can’t work out if loose wire or fuse.
  • 2009 I30cw slx wagon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
So two issues with our I30 2009 wagon at the moment.
1st the display in the middle flashes intermittently, anyone had this issue and know the fix.
2nd the reverse beeper doesn’t not come on anymore can’t work out if loose wire or fuse.
Yes, AFAIK the LED backlighting is failing. had one start doing it then the display lost brightness, current one is starting to do the same thing. Is yours diesel?

For the reverse sensor, I'd have to check what's in the circuit but the main unit is hiding behind the trim panel in left corner roughly where the tailight unit sits. Do the reverse lights work?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I guess since this is in the diesel section it is CRDi, although these problems are not Diesel specific.

Offline duggy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan
Hey tw2005, Yes is a diesel.
Reverse lights do come on. Do you happen to know if there is a fuse for the sensor?

Just checking with the center display panel where it display Km's/Gear select is this a separate panel to the rest of the dash lights, Is it possible for a beginner to replace.
  • 2009 I30cw slx wagon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hey tw2005, Yes is a diesel.
Reverse lights do come on. Do you happen to know if there is a fuse for the sensor?

Just checking with the center display panel where it display Km's/Gear select is this a separate panel to the rest of the dash lights, Is it possible for a beginner to replace.
Let me show you

all the dials and fascia have to be stripped and then somehow you have to get the needles back on in the same place.   :faint:

check B/up fuse 10A in engine bay fuse box but from what I seeif that was out so too would the lights, I could be wrong.

And F1 is starting  ............................ :whistler:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:39:47 by tw2005 »

Offline duggy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan
hey mate thanks for reply, Yes F1 is about to start, Will have a look later. Looks a little hard but thanks for reply.
  • 2009 I30cw slx wagon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Images are Hatch but same location in wagon , the main unit is mounted higher up though. Buzzer is buried in behind centre console.

Things to consider , has it got power, has the buzzer got power, I see room lamp fuse feeds the positive side of the beeper. Is the main unit working but no beep beep from the beeper.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
You can test the buzzer by connecting battery voltage to it out of cct. Hopefully th ediagrams are correct but appears to be red wire and orange, orange is gnd and red is battery voltage

The buzzer should make a sound. If the buzzer fails to make a sound then replace it.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:30:48 by tw2005 »

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal