My SR PD in Silver (YES IN SILVER)

ibo07 · 12 · 2929

Offline ibo07

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney NSW
Hey Guys,

Got my I30 PD on the road a few months ago,

I believe this is the only SR in silver in Australia, maybe in the world? ( I know I know not technically an SR)

I purchased this car as a 2.0L manual active, there was some damage to the car in the front so we needed to replace the front bar, headlights, bonnet, and drivers mechanical.

So looking in the auction I found a white 2017 DCT SR,

Upon purchsing the SR I did a full swap out, stipped both cars down to the bare metal, I mean nothing we couldn't complete in a weekend, which included the Engine and gearbox, full interior, suspension exhaust.

My car now has push start and locks with the button on the doors, we also managed to get the electric hand brake working.

The only thing I was not able to bring over from the SR was the rear suspension, as the Active has a full-size spare wheel this will not allow the rear suspension to work and has been fitted up with a beam suspension system.

I have put on 6000kms since owning it and has probably been the most fun-filled car I have owned.

I have now done a few mods to the car, installed the K&N intake which was originally for a Veloster, and I also installed a Racechip and as I couldn't fit the rear exhaust I have also upgraded the exhaust to a single muffler system, sounds really good.

Big big difference over the stock engine - much more boost coming through,

Next step is to dyno the car to see how many kws shes putting out.

Before and After shots of the car:

• Hyundai I30 SR PD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Wow!
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Good job with the change over :goodjob2: shame the suspension wouldn’t swap over as it’s the suspension tune and IRS that makes the SR different.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 That's insane (in a good way) :victory:

I hate to admit as co-founder of this site 11 years ago and one of the 2 administrators, I had never realised the SR wasn't available in silver. I actually went to car sales and had a browse just to be sure.

In hindsight i obviously have never seen one on here or in the flesh, but I only ever considered white or Fiery Red when i bought mine. Although saying that I like the Phoenix Orange and the Blue and even the Sparking metal but the wife would have kicked me up the arse if I'd chosen any of those.

What a huge undertaking! I'm assuming you are ok to go without a warranty? Will you be able to rebuild the white car in reverse with the 2.0 motor?

@cruiserfied You've got to see this! 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I'm seeing it. And i'm impressed.
It is a shame that your missing out on the IRS though. Does make a world of difference.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Fantastic job, well done :victory:

If you haven't named it yet, you could use Frankenstein :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline ricleo

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore

• 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4T, Auto, Black
most impressive! mindblown.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4T, Auto, Black

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Well that is something your not going to see everyday...
I wonder how many people would realise as your driving past that a Silver SR does not come from factory.

Good to see you have got the Racechip.   Iv'e been waiting just over 2 weeks for mine
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline ibo07

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney NSW
Good job with the change over :goodjob2: shame the suspension wouldn’t swap over as it’s the suspension tune and IRS that makes the SR different.

Thank you alot of hard work went into the car, we tried everything to fit in the rear suspension, I was almost going to shrink the size of the boot and redo it and make it smaller, to make enough space for the suspension to clear the boot but all the bolts would not line up so i though I would give it a miss.

That's insane (in a good way) :victory:

I hate to admit as co-founder of this site 11 years ago and one of the 2 administrators, I had never realised the SR wasn't available in silver. I actually went to car sales and had a browse just to be sure.

In hindsight i obviously have never seen one on here or in the flesh, but I only ever considered white or Fiery Red when i bought mine. Although saying that I like the Phoenix Orange and the Blue and even the Sparking metal but the wife would have kicked me up the arse if I'd chosen any of those.

What a huge undertaking! I'm assuming you are ok to go without a warranty? Will you be able to rebuild the white car in reverse with the 2.0 motor?

I work in a local wrecking yard so I am never short of parts needed for cars. So no need for the warranty, The white car I purchased from the auction was a Statutory write off so I couldn't be registered anywhere in Australia, so we used pretty much everything from it. The only issue I had was getting the blind spot monitors to work, it took me ages to find the sensors and the wiring for it, but she's all good now. Hyundai quoted me $1050 for each sensor  :Shocked: :Shocked:

I'm seeing it. And i'm impressed.
It is a shame that your missing out on the IRS though. Does make a world of difference.

Sometimes it gets a little bouncy but I think it was close to impossible to fit it in without doing a rear cut on the car.

Fantastic job, well done :victory:

If you haven't named it yet, you could use Frankenstein :)

Love it, thank you  will definitely be using that from now on  :D :victory: :victory:

Well that is something your not going to see everyday...
I wonder how many people would realise as your driving past that a Silver SR does not come from factory.

Good to see you have got the Racechip.   Iv'e been waiting just over 2 weeks for mine

I've been waiting to go into a Hyuandi dealer to see if they notice the colour, I didn't know they don't come in silver until I was repairing the original car and couldn't find an SR in silver.

The Racechip is the best purchase I have made on the car, I waited almost a month for it to arrive, the performance maps are map 5 and 6, map 6 makes you feel like your driving a whole new car. Its time for a dyno to see how much power it's putting out. Also with the added K&N filter car sounds awsome. :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • Hyundai I30 SR PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for your responses. Hope you stay in touch. You will be a handy guy to have around!  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@ibo07 are you still required by Transport to have the vehicle inspected after the engine change :undecided: don't forget to let your insurance company know of the change as well :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal