i30 Owners Club

Accelerator/ESP Problem (2)

nodus · 4 · 2486

Offline nodus

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My i30 diesel is also having a problem with the ESC Off light coming on.  When it comes on the engine momentarily loses power and then returns to normal operation of the throttle but the light is on.  Another thing that it is doing is not returning to idle sometimes when you stop at traffic lights or stop signs - engine runs at a fast idle of about 1300-1400 rpm instead of under 1000rpm that it does normally.  While driving in the country using cruise control the vehicle may start to slow down yet the cruise control light is on indicating active.  All of the above problems reset if you turn the engine off then back on again.  Has been to the dealer where codes P2238 and P2299 were reported after the engine light came on.  Dealer reset the error codes and claimed they test drove it but it still continues to do all of the above tricks.  Booked in again this Friday and we will see what happens.

(Split from https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=11003)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Nodus (that is not good) hope it is sorted soon...  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome Nodus,

If the cruise control is also doing strange things, it sounds like a software problem. Dealer should investigate & fix.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline noels_hobby

• 2nd Gear
one of the guys i work with had this problem and it was some thing to do with a faulty earth connection under the dash, a high resistance connection it took the dealer months to find and 5 min to fix the fault effected the esp, cruise and throttle.
the car is a 2011 diesel auto wagon and it seems to be plagued with electrical issues radio works sometimes, we all think it went swimming in the jan 2011 flood here

cheers noel 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal