i30 Owners Club

Genuine v Non-Genuine Floor Mats

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
Just purchased these non-genuine floor mats off eBay:  :link: Compatible With: Hyundai i30 PD Car Floor Mats (2017-On) | eBay

I had initially wanted to purchase genuine ones:  :link: New Genuine Hyundai PD i30 2017 Tailored Carpet Floor Mats set of 4 G3A20APH00 | eBay, except they stuffed me around, telling me that attempted to deliver to my workplace on two occasions and apparently they couldn't contact me on my mobile (bulltish).

Anyone else use non-genuine mats?  Also, is it easy to screw them in?  Obviously I'll need to drill holes in the floor, correct?
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just purchased these non-genuine floor mats off eBay:  :link: Compatible With: Hyundai i30 PD Car Floor Mats (2017-On) | eBay

I had initially wanted to purchase genuine ones:  :link: New Genuine Hyundai PD i30 2017 Tailored Carpet Floor Mats set of 4 G3A20APH00 | eBay, except they stuffed me around, telling me that attempted to deliver to my workplace on two occasions and apparently they couldn't contact me on my mobile (bulltish).

Anyone else use non-genuine mats?  Also, is it easy to screw them in?  Obviously I'll need to drill holes in the floor, correct?

The mats in my new i40 were non genuine. Apart from the silver i40 not being there I can't tell the difference.

Don't they have the clips already installed that you clip the mats into? If not I suspect it will be an easy process that does not involve drilling anything.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

Don't they have the clips already installed that you clip the mats into? If not I suspect it will be an easy process that does not involve drilling anything.

No, there are no holes in my floor.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Don't know if this is the current part number but seems to suggest it clips into the original carpet.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:57:38 by beerman »
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

No, there are no holes in my floor.
I think they only go through the carpet not the metal of the floor.
Pretty sure my FD ones just poked through the carpet. Then you attached the mats to the plug.
Corolla ones are the same.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

OK I'll check things out once that mats arrive.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
through the carpet, but the clips are very stubborn to start threading through the carpet.  :sweating:
My OEM mats were supposed to be fitted by Hyundai dealer prior to delivery but all they did was throw them in and left clips in glove box after I refused paint & seat protection for extra $2500  :crazy1:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

I've got my car booked for 15,000km service in the coming weeks.  Would it be too cheeky to ask them to install, considering 1) They're non-genuine and 2) I didn't buy from the dealer.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've got my car booked for 15,000km service in the coming weeks.  Would it be too cheeky to ask them to install, considering 1) They're non-genuine and 2) I didn't buy from the dealer.

They are really easy to do Vanessa. It isn't cheeky and some dealers would just do it for free as a good will gesture (the smart ones) but others might slug you something like $50 on top of the service just because they can.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Think you just push through floor mat not the actual metal floor.

On my gd didn't bother with clip and mat doesn't ride up.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Think you just push through floor mat not the actual metal floor.

On my gd didn't bother with clip and mat doesn't ride up.
That's what I said.  :head_butt:  :cool:
My wife had a mat slide under the accelerator pedal once on her Corolla. Scared the hell out of her. They were non genuine. Went in the bin that night.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Bobaloo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hey Surferdude et al,  check this site out, the mats looks very close to genuine.
:link: Car Mats Online - Quality Fitted Aftermarket Car Mats
  • 2018 PD2 SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 T, 6sp Manual, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hey Surferdude et al,  check this site out, the mats looks very close to genuine.
:link: Car Mats Online - Quality Fitted Aftermarket Car Mats

Welcome Bobaloo, I had a play with your site it works well... Only kidding (or am I?)  :winker:

If the site delivers quality product on time at that $15 flat postage rate it is a good thing. Glad to see they offer Pay Pal too.

They appear to be a little cheaper than the originals...

:link: Genuine Hyundai PD I30 2017 SR Premium Tailored Carpet Floor Mats - G3A20APH10 | eBay

There is also this site.

:link: Hyundai i-30 Hatch 2017-Current | Car Mat Set - 4 Piece Floor - AUS | FitMyCar - AUS | FitMyCar

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Joewong

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I use non-genuine car mats for my i30 PD which I ordered from Fit My Car.  I bought the Executive model for $99. They fit perfectly. Regarding the attachment of the carpet hooks, it's very simple. Before attaching them, determine where they will go by placing the mat and use the carpet holes to mark the positions. Remove the mat and use a screwdriver to screw in the attachments to the carpet floor.  It may a seemed bit stubborn at first but it will eventually go through.  After that, just align the car mat holes to the attachments, press the mat down and you're done.
  • 2017 i30 Active PD 2.0-litre Auto Phantom Black

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
through the carpet, but the clips are very stubborn to start threading through the carpet.  :sweating:
My OEM mats were supposed to be fitted by Hyundai dealer prior to delivery but all they did was throw them in and left clips in glove box after I refused paint & seat protection for extra $2500  :crazy1:

I fitted mine, the instructions says to drill a hole in the carpet to facilitate the clips to screw in.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Joewong

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

I fitted mine, the instructions says to drill a hole in the carpet to facilitate the clips to screw in.

You don't need to drill the hole. It may damage the metal floor below if you can't see how deep the drill goes. The carpet is just a tad thick and needs a bit of pressure with the screwdriver.  Or find a longer screw of about the same dimensions and use a mallet to lightly tap on the screw to create a small dent so that the clips can be screwed in easier.
  • 2017 i30 Active PD 2.0-litre Auto Phantom Black

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

You don't need to drill the hole. It may damage the metal floor below if you can't see how deep the drill goes. The carpet is just a tad thick and needs a bit of pressure with the screwdriver.  Or find a longer screw of about the same dimensions and use a mallet to lightly tap on the screw to create a small dent so that the clips can be screwed in easier.

My bad for following the fitting instructions, you should take your objections up with Hyundai.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal