i30 Owners Club

Amplifier installation

KKOM · 10 · 4210

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
Hi again,
How is possible to connect and activate an amplifier from the factory unit?

Offline Dinko

• 1st Gear
Im assuming the factory headunits don't have pre-outs, so you would have to get a LOC (line out converter) installed to run into your amp, and away you go from there

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hey ur rite the stock hyundai head units dont have any pre outs, i will find out for ya wat u need to install a amp for the car cause i have got 2 in mine and they are running of the stock head unit, give me the weekend and i'll find out what u will need..

cheers
ash

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
THAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKK     YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hey man sorry for the so long reply but here i go.

you need amplifier cable
speaker cable (if running a amp for the speakers)
1 mono block or normal amplifier.
2x line to rca adapters in running it only for speakers.

okay first things first
- need to cut the speaker wires from behind the head unit.
- i think its the brown block that are the speakers.
- now you need to cut the wires but have a solder ready to
- now the wires that are going into the head unit that you have cut, need to be ran back using the speaker cable that you have purchased (if running a normal amplifier) then that will make sure that when you turn up your volume the volume does go up, now the next step is, with the other wires you have cut u need to attach them to the line to rca adapter and ran rca cable back to the amp. make sure you run speakers wire/rca on one side of the car.
- next step is running power down to the amp, and you always use the red cable this is the easiest step. but make sure u have grounded the amp before connecting power.
- last but not least take a single speaker wire up and hook it up to either your 12v or your cigarette lighter cable that is behind the dash so that each time you turn on the car the amps turns on.

that should be it if you need anything else answered pm me
cheers
ash

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
Ī„EEEEEEEEEES!!!!!
Thank you  my friend!!!!
How come and I didn't think before to use the cigarette lighter? THANK YOU!!!!!
I think that is not a problem to take signal from the rear right speaker ( I don't want to unscrew the head unit..) am I right??

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hey mate, i think in previous posts by thumper im pretty sure stated that you can run a signal from one of the back speakers for a monoblock + sub but i'll do some research for ya and let ya know of my answer.

cheers mate
ash

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
yeah, you can run a monoblock amp off the rear speaker of the car as I am running a JL sub and amp off the rear speaker. I thought that when you were talking about an amp off the headunit, I thought you were going to amplify the stock speakers.  :P but yeah, you can take a signal from one of the rear speakers if you are running a sub.

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hey
thanx link for clearing that up for me im just running a diff setup and didnt know that was possible, but i think thumper stated it somewhere in his amplifier installation section.

cheers
ash

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear

okay first things first
- need to cut the speaker wires from behind the head unit.
- i think its the brown block that are the speakers.
- now you need to cut the wires but have a solder ready to
- now the wires that are going into the head unit that you have cut, need to be ran back using the speaker cable that you have purchased (if running a normal amplifier) then that will make sure that when you turn up your volume the volume does go up, now the next step is, with the other wires you have cut u need to attach them to the line to rca adapter and ran rca cable back to the amp. make sure you run speakers wire/rca on one side of the car.
- next step is running power down to the amp, and you always use the red cable this is the easiest step. but make sure u have grounded the amp before connecting power.
- last but not least take a single speaker wire up and hook it up to either your 12v or your cigarette lighter cable that is behind the dash so that each time you turn on the car the amps turns on.

[/quote]

I wouldn't use the cigarette lighter supply as it probably won't have enough power availible (If your amp fuse is bigger than the lighter fuse you will have problems). And as for the Line to rca converters I used an Audiocontrol LC6i which is a powered version actually senses the signal from your stereo and turns on all you amps. You can run power straight from the battery down the left side of the car through the guard, kickpanel insid and under the scuff panels. Just a few ideas that worked for me.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal