i30 Owners Club

scangauge 2 uses.

2i30s · 26 · 8940

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I'm using a scangauge 2 because my 2.0 petrol manual hatch hasn't got a trip computer or distance to empty.can it tell you horsepower or kilowatt figures.has anyone found any other things it can do. :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

ouri30
Hi 2i30s,

I believe it can do HP and many other things, but I have yet to figure most of the xguage functions.  I have managed to configure DTE, CUR (current trip fuel economy), TOD (today's fuel economy) and TNK (fuel economy for the tank).  I can select these as any of the four displayed guages.  I think you can set up around 20 of these xguages, from memory - its just a matter of reading the manual and figuring out how to set them up.

Bob

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
ive worked out about 20% of its functions in a few days. :lol:

Offline HarriS

• 1st Gear
Could somebody tell the correction % for the scangauge fuel consumption functions in 1.6L petrol? I am planning to swap my scangauge to the i30 from my Triumph Speed Triple. Of couse I can calibrate the scangauge but having the right(ish) correction from the beginning would save some time. Thanks in advance.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
hopefully somebody can answer your query as I'm not sure of that myself,i still need to read booklet a bit more. :rolleyes: :razz:

ouri30
Sorry,

Only know the 1.6 CRDi setting (-35-36%).

Bob

Offline HarriS

• 1st Gear
Seems like the correction is ~+10%. Have to verify over couple of tankfulls. The dash trip computer also reads about 10% low on actual fuel consumption. The 1.6 is more thirsty than I would like and what I expected. It drinks at least 1L/100km more than my -91 Toyota carina II 1.6i. Performance is roughly the same. The factory EU fuel economy numbers are BS. There is absolutely no way you could get anywhere near in real life. Otherwise the i30 is a decent car so far.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I'm thinking about buying a Scan Gauge II, only because I will miss the instant MPG reading (l/km) on my existing car.

Can someone tell me how often the instant MPG display updates on an SGII, it's about once a second on my existing car.

Thanks.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I'm still getting my head around my scangauge so i cant help you on that one,and don't be sorry on starting up an old thread. :cool: :razz:

bez10y
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I'm thinking about buying a Scan Gauge II, only because I will miss the instant MPG reading (l/km) on my existing car.

Can someone tell me how often the instant MPG display updates on an SGII, it's about once a second on my existing car.

Thanks.

The SCII updates about once a second.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the info on a scangauge is from your ecu.i think it would give details at the same speed as a factory fitted trip computer. :idea:  does that sound right bez10y :question: :razz:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Cool. i just ordered one, thanks for the info.

bez10y
the info on a scangauge is from your ecu.i think it would give details at the same speed as a factory fitted trip computer. :idea:  does that sound right bez10y :question: :razz:

Yeah pretty much. I think you can speed up the data reading but am pretty sure the fastest data is updated is around the 1 second mark.

You can get fancier and faster units that give your acceleration info etc but these are mainly for 1/4mile cars and cost $$$.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
a word of warning,scangauge wont work properly on crdi auto,only the manual.mine is a petrol manual and its fine, i don't know if it works on a petrol auto.maybee a member with a scangauge in a petrol auto can comment.my wife's cw is a petrol auto but she wont let me give it a try. :lol:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
but she wont let me give it a try. :lol:

So don't tell her !!

OR

Tell her it's a new hair drying attachment, or a radar detector, or a new GPS, or an MSU (Make Sh!t Up), or something.
Then, whether it works or not (at least WE'LL know), take it out and tell her the new food blender (or whatever you came up with) didn't work in her car.

What's the worst that can happen?
You have to sleep in the hatch for a few nights?  
That's not all that bad, a small price to pay so we all find out :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :lol: :rolleyes:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
M A T E !!!

I just remembered another thread of yours..  I have the perfect MSU for you...

Tell her its a Rear Collision Detection Sensor (RCDS).

ouri30
a word of warning,scangauge wont work properly on crdi auto,only the manual.mine is a petrol manual and its fine, i don't know if it works on a petrol auto.maybee a member with a scangauge in a petrol auto can comment.my wife's cw is a petrol auto but she wont let me give it a try. :lol:

To be honest, it doesn't work properly on the CRDi manual either.  The fuel economy figures are upset when the a/c is in use.  Or, another way of looking at it is, if you set it up to work correctly with the a/c on, then it will not work correctly when a/c is off.

Interestly the SGII doesn't give accurate fuel usage figures on my Santa Fe diesel auto.  It behaves the same as it does in the i30 CRDi manual.  I therefore conclude it is a Hyundai CRDi issue.

By the way, all the other readings are fine in both our vehicles - its just the fuel usage figures that are upset by the a/c.

Bob

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

To be honest, it doesn't work properly on the CRDi manual either.  The fuel economy figures are upset when the a/c is in use.  Or, another way of looking at it is, if you set it up to work correctly with the a/c on, then it will not work correctly when a/c is off.

I'm not certain, but I think I have read somewhere that this has been fixed in the later/latest firmware version.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

To be honest, it doesn't work properly on the CRDi manual either.  The fuel economy figures are upset when the a/c is in use.  Or, another way of looking at it is, if you set it up to work correctly with the a/c on, then it will not work correctly when a/c is off.

Interestly the SGII doesn't give accurate fuel usage figures on my Santa Fe diesel auto.  It behaves the same as it does in the i30 CRDi manual.  I therefore conclude it is a Hyundai CRDi issue.

By the way, all the other readings are fine in both our vehicles - its just the fuel usage figures that are upset by the a/c.

Bob
confirmed by a user. :cool:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

What firmware revision do you guys have?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
to be honest I'm not sure.i bought mine off a club member second hand because it wouldn't work properly on his crdi auto properly. i cant remember the user name. :rolleyes:

bez10y
What firmware revision do you guys have?

I can't remember either though I got it about half way through last year IIRC.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
can i plug it into my pc and check :question: i know there are downloads on the scangauge site.but I'm not very good at computer skills.I'm a mechanic/boiler maker.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

The version number is displayed on one of its menus -

MORE>MORE>MORE>VERSION

3.17 is the latest. Unfortuntaly you can't update it yourself, but I belive the manufacturers will do the update for about US$25

This version has a couple of extra gauges, and the fuel figures (MPG/KHL) have 100ths in the calculations/display. I also notice there is the possibility of adding a KW (BHP) display using x-gauge, not sure if it'll work in the i30 (I have the gauge, just no car).

Offline HarriS

• 1st Gear
The HP x-gauge function works on i30 but it is not with dyno accuracy.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal