i30 Owners Club

Please Help. Looking for help to install new double din cd player

Offline kshyundaii30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Hello I30ers.
I know this has been highlighted before but I am having trouble following what is suggested
My son put coins in my cd player and now it doesnt work. It turns itself on and off changes channel and stuff.
I bought a pioneer stereo double din with touch screen to replace. Then I got quote to install and it would cost over $700. I cannot justify this.
The question I have is. does anyone have any simple instructions on how or who to install in victoria area.
What do I need in plain language?6
  • 2011, CW CRDi, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm guessing you'll require a new fascia/surround to suit the new stereo screen size and a wiring harness that links the factory wiring to the new system as shown on the Aerpro website :link: Hyundai i30 2007-2012 FD | Aerpro

As to what is specifically required for the exact unit you've purchased you'll need to speak with an audio shop, usually when purchasing a unit through an audio shop they'll order the required parts for you and include a discounted install rate for purchasing a unit through them.

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I don't think a better "how-to" has been posted than this one :link: HOW TO: FD Body - Remove/Replace/Swap OEM (2DIN) headunit
Yeah, A lot of work went into that I'd suggest.  If I was doing mine I'd consider grabbing another centre fascia trim to work with that  way if you ever wanted to revert to factory you could. :goodjob2:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal