i30 Owners Club

Side Mirror LED Signal Install i30 2009

Offline logicweapon

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore
      Singapore
Hello all, I've bought a i30 LED Signal to be installed into the side mirror as the i30 2009 does not come with signal indicators on the side of the vehicle nor on the side mirror housing which bugs me as motorcycles in my blindspot can't see when I have my signals on. The person said that it's not compatible for my car at all and it'd be impossible to separate the mirror from the housing, how true is this?

• Hyundai i30 2009 FD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've no idea whether the mirror is separable or not but you can help others to see you indicators better by using brighter LED side/fender indicators :link: 2X T10 12V W5W AMBER INDICATOR REPEATER LED CAR TAIL SIDE LIGHTS TURN PARK BULB | eBay

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hello all, I've bought a i30 LED Signal to be installed into the side mirror as the i30 2009 does not come with signal indicators on the side of the vehicle nor on the side mirror housing which bugs me as motorcycles in my blindspot can't see when I have my signals on. The person said that it's not compatible for my car at all and it'd be impossible to separate the mirror from the housing, how true is this?

The mirror is removeable and also has heating elements so there is wirring attached to it as well.

They clip on, I suggest if you attempt to remove, levr it fron the centre as this is where the mounting platform is and not the ouer extremities as it may flex and crack the mirrror.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I've no idea whether the mirror is separable or not but you can help others to see you indicators better by using brighter LED side/fender indicators :link: 2X T10 12V W5W AMBER INDICATOR REPEATER LED CAR TAIL SIDE LIGHTS TURN PARK BULB | eBay

@CraigB, do you know if these bulbs would benefit my car, 2018 i30 PD SR? 

I'm not aware my oem setup could be improved, just  curious.
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I don't think the PD models have the fender indicators do they :undecided:

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

I don't think the PD models have the fender indicators do they :undecided:

No, they don't...they have front/rear/side mirror indicators. That's cleared that up for me, thanks.
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal