i30 Owners Club

MY16 i30 SR PREMIUM keyless remote buttons not working.

Offline Mo.ismail

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi all

My keyless remote buttons are not working. No lock/unlock. Light flashes when pressed but no response. Changed the battery but still nothing. Does it need to be re-prgrammed.
  • Hyundai i30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi all

My keyless remote buttons are not working. No lock/unlock. Light flashes when pressed but no response. Changed the battery but still nothing. Does it need to be re-prgrammed.

Welcome,  that's an odd one. Have you tried moving it to another location, there have been instances where some electrical interference at a certain location has stopped remote locking from working. :cool:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mo.ismail

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi, thanks for reply...yes changed the locations as well. When i said light flashes, i meant the small red LED light flashes in the remote when i press the buttons but no lock/unlock. Changed remote battery but still no fix. Car starts and everything (keyless start) but buttons on the remote doesn’t work. Have to lock/unlock the car with the buttons on the outer door handles. Is there a manual re-learn procedure of the remote?  Its doing my head in  :mad:
  • Hyundai i30 SR Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Have you checked the vehicle settings available within the instrument cluster and whether there may be some disable/enable remote feature? if there are no settings there I'd suggest you call your local Hyundai service centre as soon as possible.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Have you checked the vehicle settings available within the instrument cluster and whether there may be some disable/enable remote feature? if there are no settings there I'd suggest you call your local Hyundai service centre as soon as possible.

:whsaid:

Certainly not a common issue. I assume you still have warranty.  Maybe something else electronic you had stored with the keys cleared or modified the codes!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal