front lip option for the i30 PD

ricleo · 58 · 18462

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
$10 for 8m on eBay.   Took about a week to be delivered.  There is 3m tape on the back.  Stuck on well except for the two ends as the lip on the car curves inwards there.  The rim protector doesn't curve very well.  I put a couple of drops of Loctite gel on each end and it hasn't moved.   I have plenty left to replace it if it fades.

Not sure if it would look good on the rims though.  If anyone had tried can you please post images or comment.  There is a huge rim guard on the Hankooks that come with the SRP so won't offer much more protection.

:link: Red 8M Car Truck Wheel Rim Protector Tire Guard Line Rubber Moulding Decoration | eBay

Thanks for the link. Oddly it's showing as $18.50, not $10. But still way cheaper than my link. I wouldn't use it on my rims. There are some much better rim protector solutions (at a price) I found some good one a while back but think adding those (in red) to my black wheels might attract unwanted attention to my car on our various mainland road trips.

Photoshop!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah looks bloody horrible on wheels :sicky:

Dazz, only $7.29 here :link: 8M Car Wheel Hub Rim Edge Protector Tire Guard Line Sticker Rubber Strip Red AU 690114169191 | eBay

Bugger! I already bought the other one!  :crazy1: :blubber:

I don't mind the look of the proper rim protector as per my photoshop, but don't want to attract too much attention to my car on road trips. Be ok at home as car is garaged every night and not "often" parked in dodgy areas..  :evil:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If they had black rim protector so it was inconspicuous maybe but not that red stuff, or any other colour  :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If they had black rim protector so it was inconspicuous maybe but not that red stuff, or any other colour  :disapp:

I've seen a red FD CW with Black wheels and red rim protectors and I didn't mind the look. But each to their own.  :winker: :mrgreen:

Offline caprimulgus

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I'm jealous of all your PDs! I don't think a red stripe would work on a GD, because it doesn't have any flat lines on the front (just wouldn't look right).
  • 2013 GD Elite Tourer CRDi, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Blue

Offline ricleo

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore

• 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4T, Auto, Black
Yeah looks bloody horrible on wheels :sicky:

Dazz, only $7.29 here :link: 8M Car Wheel Hub Rim Edge Protector Tire Guard Line Sticker Rubber Strip Red AU 690114169191 | eBay

haha agree! looks tacky on wheels if the color is too loud. for rim protectors at best i wil go for black or silver depending on the rim color.

i always buy these red protectors to highlight and accentuate car lines and bodykits :p

Offline JohnSRP

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I think it will look good on your car.
It looks good on the N in grey.
  • 2018 i30 PD2 SRP, 2012 i30 Premium 1.8P

Offline mshk99

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
yes it will look good on any colour also because it matches the red interior accents.

I am not used to seeing stock front lips without the red highlight anymore!
  • MY17 i30 SR PD

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
I think it will look good on your car.
It looks good on the N in grey.

Yeah mine is a silver though so lighter than the grey, so I wasnt sure.

I guess it is only 7$ so it doesnt really matter.
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
yes it will look good on any colour also because it matches the red interior accents.

I am not used to seeing stock front lips without the red highlight anymore!

My active does not have the interior accents though. Anyway I will still try it

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
OP is this the lip you have? :link: For KIA FORTE K3 ABS Rear Bumper Diffuser Protector For 2016 2017 SENTRA Body kit bumper rear Front shovel lip rear spoiler-in Body Kits from Automobiles &

Did it you just clip on it?

Also the question for Australia is, does this count as car modification?

Offline ricleo

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore

OP is this the lip you have? :link: For KIA FORTE K3 ABS Rear Bumper Diffuser Protector For 2016 2017 SENTRA Body kit bumper rear Front shovel lip rear spoiler-in Body Kits from Automobiles &

Did it you just clip on it?

yes it is! good find! a few screws to secure it to the front bumper.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not really, it's an addition but that depends on how your insurance views it, Allianz for example would probably void your insurance as they don't allow any changes from factory...not even different wheels :rolleyes: though most other companies wouldn't care.

As far as the law/police are concerned it's legal if attached safely and securely and would be classified the same as spoiler kits which can even be fitted by service centres.

Offline JohnSRP

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Sorry, I didn't realise you have an Active which is the lighter silver. Was thinking of the SR.  All of my previous cars for the past 20 years have been silver and love the colour as it doesn't show dirt.  Would have gone for the silver in the SRP but it is only the darker colour which I didn't like as much so went for the white.

I like the red lip on the SRP as it matches the red interior highlights and red seatbelts. As yours doesn't have this you could look at any lip colour.  Here is a rushed Photoshop of the red and blue.

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
Sorry, I didn't realise you have an Active which is the lighter silver. Was thinking of the SR.  All of my previous cars for the past 20 years have been silver and love the colour as it doesn't show dirt.  Would have gone for the silver in the SRP but it is only the darker colour which I didn't like as much so went for the white.

I like the red lip on the SRP as it matches the red interior highlights and red seatbelts. As yours doesn't have this you could look at any lip colour.  Here is a rushed Photoshop of the red and blue.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Red looks better in my opinion. Darker colours would be a bit lost I reckon.  :cool:

Offline ricleo

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore

example of the red lining on a silver ride :)

20180821_093950 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Did my red piping today. Did it once before with narrower stuff that faded. Doesn't look too bad.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks alright Dazz :goodjob2: if you had the lower lip installed it would highlight the piping and add a bit more depth.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks alright Dazz :goodjob2: if you had the lower lip installed it would highlight the piping and add a bit more depth.

I do like that front lip but don't think I could justify the cost. I already scrape the front sometimes on steep driveways and stuff, so anything lower would be a liability.  :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline JohnSRP

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Looks great Dazzler!
:Agoodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks great Dazzler!
:Agoodjob:

Thanks M8. Hopefully it stays on and doesn't fade.  :sweating:

Offline taj

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Sealand
Hi Dazzler I am new here, and I would like to now where you bought your rear bumper with the 2 exhaust hole, and where you bought your exhaust with the two pipe
i am looking for this for my 2017 i30 Tourer 1.4 140PS benzin 2WD DCT.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:15:11 by taj »
  • i30 Tourer Premium benzin1.4 140PS benzin 2WD DCT

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Dazzler I am new here, and I would like to now where you bought your rear bumper with the 2 exhaust hole, and where you bought your exhaust with the two pipe
i am looking for this for my 2017 i30 Tourer 1.4 140PS benzin 2WD DCT.

Hi taj and  :welcome: That was how my model (the SR 1.6 Turbo) came in Australia. I believe the Elantra GT Sport (USA and Canada) has the the same exhaust and rear diffuser as us too. They have recently replace the SR with the N line model which is pretty much mechanically identical but with slightly different styling. See here..

:link: Parked next to a new N-line today and took some pictures

Unfortunately, even though  the diffuser/ rear bumper would probably be a straight swap it would be a horrendously expensive exercise to get one over to Denmark from Australia, korea or the USA I imagine. Unless some versions of the Euro built PD i30 use them too... You would probably get a twin exhaust setup/adaption made locally by an exhaust fabricator cheaper than freighting one of those in.. Hope that helps!

Offline Jordan909

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Ricleo,

Can you please link the front lip you purchased?
I just received the k3 piece that was recommend in the past and it’s not looking like it’s going to fit and or I will need to cut some plastic??

Isn’t exactly inline With the bolt holes

Update*  Did it have a gap and were required to cover it with say one of them Lip stick on tape strips because the gap for me looks a bit  :wacko:  :wacko:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:23:18 by Jordan909 »
  • 2018 i30 SR 1.6T

Offline ricleo

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore

hi Jordan,

the link you posted shows the same model as the one i bought.

as shared in PM, u need to cut a little of the existing rubber lip near the wheel arches so that the lip has space to screw onto your front bumber. probably 10-15m on each side.

the 3m tape is not the core support, i removed most of it except for the very ends, it is held in place using screws, the tapes will never last in the front of the car where it gets wet everytime it rains, and exposed to daily grime, sand and dust.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal