i30 Owners Club

C/FAN Fuse location

Rocco · 8 · 5293

Offline Rocco

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
Hi there,

I had some problems in radiator fan starting when I turn on the A/C. When I tried to open fuse and relay box to check, when I just touched the box, the fan started to fun, and the A/C is coolong as it should. And this has happened each time I start the A/C. Finally, two days ago, the fan is not starting at all anymore, and I get not cooled air inside, but normal temperature air. The compressor sometimes stops when the radiator fan is not working.
I know it looks like bad connection issue, but first I want to locate the fuse for C/FAN. In the picture attached, on the back cover diagram there is C/FAN 40A fuse in the lowest row, but as you can see in the box there is no row with such fuse. I wonder where it might be.
Thanks.
  • 2009 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.4lt, Manual, Grey

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Right you are,  according to that layout you have a complete row missing  :undecided: :crazy1:
Turn ignition off change both relays, fingers crossed,
OR, wait for more technical members advice.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Rocco

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
Hi, I switched fan relays just for check, but still the same.
However, I noticed that below the last row of fuses, there is like hidden row.
The fuses, or just naked wires (no plastic cover) are visible from front side, thru a visible plastic. I can see that there is a brake in the wire that represents c/fan fuse, according to the layout. I've tried to reach the fuses(wires) but I have no idea how to get to the "fuses" without braking some plastic surrounding.
Any ideas?

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Sorry, Blind Bambi. (no idea)
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Rocco

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
Apparently the whole row of fuses need to be replaced at once. It looks like this is some electronic part comprised of metal wires, acting as a fuses.
Now I need to identify that part number or name, purchase it and replace it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Apparently the whole row of fuses need to be replaced at once. It looks like this is some electronic part comprised of metal wires, acting as a fuses.
Now I need to identify that part number or name, purchase it and replace it.

Wow!That seems like a weird set up!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Rocco

• 2nd Gear

• mk Macedonia
Yeah, and I actually found it. It is called multi fuse.
:link: Online Shop Multi Fuse For H-yundai 18790-01030 1879001030 18790 01030 | Aliexpress Mobile

I'll check in local stores, and then in official hyundai service, where it might be more expensive, oem.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That looks like something we've never seen before, perhaps done only in some countries / factories. I guess we learn all the time!
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal