i30 Owners Club

I30 headlights

Offline OttoOtto

• 1st Gear

• Goulburn NSW
I have a second hand, ex lease 05/2011 I30 diesel SLX. When you start it up the headlights come on and cannot be turned off. Basically, the on off switch is redundant as far as I can gather. There doesn't seem to be an automatic switch on it either. Suggestions. Thanks.
  • 05/2011 I30 SLX 1.6

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I have a second hand, ex lease 05/2011 I30 diesel SLX. When you start it up the headlights come on and cannot be turned off. Basically, the on off switch is redundant as far as I can gather. There doesn't seem to be an automatic switch on it either. Suggestions. Thanks.
what company had the car.  Private sale or yard.  I would think there's some modification to energise the relay when the ignition is on.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Sounds like someone applied a company policy. Get to the input of said headlight relay and trace back to where the modification was made and reverse it.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
always on mod, we did that with the vehicles we sold  (customer request), typically a module or relay  of some sort.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
If you put the light switch to the middle the head lights should turn off and only "parking" lights should stay on. If that works you have automatic (head) lights. Auto lights can be taken out by removing the automatic light fuse. I have that kind of lights from the factory. If that is some aftermarket mod, then you need to check the wiring.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
If you put the light switch to the middle the head lights should turn off and only "parking" lights should stay on. If that works you have automatic (head) lights. Auto lights can be taken out by removing the automatic light fuse. I have that kind of lights from the factory. If that is some aftermarket mod, then you need to check the wiring.
I don't believe we had auto lights on the SLX but  the OP is saying they're always on.

Some Companies over here it is policy all there vehicles are setup to headlights on when driving, day or night.

Usually a modification to the original setup.

Telstra was one such company, I assume they still are. :whistler:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline MarkandNat

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Ex Telstra vehicles are modified so the headlights remain on while the ignition is on. It is company policy. Not sure about other companies but I suspect others do it.
  • I30 CRDI 2012 premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal