i30 Owners Club

Swapped Licence Plate globes to LED's

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

• Adelaide Hills and beyond
As per the title I decided I'd try and see what the difference was between the stock globes and LED's and as it turns out it's rather chalk and cheese...

:link: 2X CANBUS T10 12V W5W 7020 COOL WHITE LED CAR TAIL SIDE LIGHTS TURN PARK BULB | eBay

This will hopefully make the ass end a bit more noticeable especially in poor visibility conditions.

Also while I'm here, (as a PSA) after installing both LED's, neither of them worked...great :disapp:
Turns out they're polarity sensitive and that I'd installed them both incorrectly and after turning them both 180° they were both good to go...phew :head_knock:

Forgot to add that I've got reversing light replacements on the way as well, which should make a difference for reversing camera picture quality in low light situations.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch Petrol 2.0lt Manual Go Platinum Silver

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yes, nice thing about Light Emitting DIODES is that they naturally conduct in only one direction, so putting them in the wrong way just makes them block flow, not blow up. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

Yes, nice thing about Light Emitting DIODES is that they naturally conduct in only one direction, so putting them in the wrong way just makes them block flow, not blow up. :lol:
And for that I'm truly grateful! :P

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks much better :goodjob2:

Classic Car LED's have just released their new indicator bulbs as well if you'd like a nice upgrade to them, as long as your bulbs are the BAU15S type :undecided: :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs Ltd

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

Looks much better :goodjob2:

Classic Car LED's have just released their new indicator bulbs as well if you'd like a nice upgrade to them, as long as your bulbs are the BAU15S type :undecided: :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs Ltd
Those are on the "to do" list as well later on down the track, and yeah from memory they are the bulb type too :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal