i30 Owners Club

GD adding front parking sensors

kroner · 12 · 2748

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My 2012 GD came with rear parking sensors, but I would love to have front as well.

Is there any original sensors that I can install on an existing harness and will integrate with the rear?

• 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My 2012 GD came with rear parking sensors, but I would love to have front as well.

Is there any original sensors that I can install on an existing harness and will integrate with the rear?

You have to be quite careful which front sensors you add I believe. Some work a lot better than others. Esteemed long term member @AlanHo did have experience wIth good and bad on a similar car to yours from memory. Hopefully his long term memory is good enough still to make a recommendation.   :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I was advised that third party sensors will not integrate with the rear sensors and their display. You get only an audible alarm.

The rear sensors on the 2012 i30 were supplied to Hyundai by a company called Cobra who have been taken over by Vodaphone. I used a local Cobra technician to install the same sensors on the front of my 2012 i30 and have subsequently had the same ones fitted to a KIA Venga and my current KIA Niro because they are fitted from inside the bumper and are flush fitting in the bumper just the same as the Hyundai ones. I don't like the appearance of the third party sensors which are fitted from the front face of the bumper and have a collar on them.

I am sure that you will find a good auto electrician who can supply and fit your car with another brand if cobra are not available in Australia, but whichever you use, I do not believe it possible to integrate them into the sensor display in your instrument panel

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I was advised that third party sensors will not integrate with the rear sensors and their display. You get only an audible alarm.

The rear sensors on the 2012 i30 were supplied to Hyundai by a company called Cobra who have been taken over by Vodaphone. I used a local Cobra technician to install the same sensors on the front of my 2012 i30 and have subsequently had the same ones fitted to a KIA Venga and my current KIA Niro because they are fitted from inside the bumper and are flush fitting in the bumper just the same as the Hyundai ones. I don't like the appearance of the third party sensors which are fitted from the front face of the bumper and have a collar on them.

I am sure that you will find a good auto electrician who can supply and fit your car with another brand if cobra are not available in Australia, but whichever you use, I do not believe it possible to integrate them into the sensor display in your instrument panel

Thanks Alan..  :victory:

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks Alan.
I'm planning to DIY, do I'd be purchasing and installing myself, so you might not know this.

I guess my question is, will the front sensors plug to an existing harness and beep, the same as the rears when parking?

anything else would be 3rd party install.
I'm guessing if the front sensors were an option on this cars, there might be harnesses running (hoping)

• 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Alan.
I'm planning to DIY, do I'd be purchasing and installing myself, so you might not know this.

I guess my question is, will the front sensors plug to an existing harness and beep, the same as the rears when parking?

I'm guessing if the front sensors were an option on this cars, there might be harnesses running (hoping)

I'd be surprised if there are harnesses there already..  :undecided:

I could be wrong , Lester was once...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Thanks Alan.

Due to age thingy, what was i wrong on?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Thanks Alan.

My car has the front parking sensors. They beep and displayed on the instrument panel as the rear ones do. However, the GD's front parking sensors are only located at the front 2 corners of the bumper (2 sensors not 4 like the rear bumper).

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
thats great, meaning GDs had an opion for stock front parking sensors.. gives me some hope that they're plug and play. if I install them i'll point them straight, rather than 45 degree
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
thats great, meaning GDs had an opion for stock front parking sensors.. gives me some hope that they're plug and play. if I install them i'll point them straight, rather than 45 degree
Yes! I was also thinking of fitting 2 sensors at the front and deactivate the corner ones since they are a little bit useless...

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Alan.

Due to age thingy, what was i wrong on?

Maybe I was thinking of one of your jokes... some of them are wrong on so many levels.   :snigger:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The i30 front corner sensors are there to assist you to drive in and out from between two cars in a car park. It ensures you get a warning if you swing the front end too early and side swipe the adjacent car whilst looking in the mirror etc.

I had a long argument with UK Hyundai Customer Services about them calling them front sensors when the front of the car is not protected as recorded in my posts here when my new i30 arrived with only 2 sensors. I finished up having a 4 sensor kit fitted to work in addition to the limited use corner sensors.

The technician who fitted the extra sensors tried and failed to get them to integrate with the others so I finished up with two systems at the front and two sounders..
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal