i30 Owners Club

i30 2020 or 2021?

Offline annie49

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
i bought a new i30 auto 1.6 petrol hatchback in february 2014. it has been mainly used for city driving and has done 34,000 km. i have been very happy with the car except now the radio doesn’t work. the service centre say the next step is to pay an initial $143 for diagnostic work to determine the actual problem with probable costs to follow of a new radio plus labour to install. as i planned to upgrade to a new i30 within the next couple of years anyway, i am seeking background re expected upgrades please.

i read a new i30 model was shown at the geneva motor show feb 2020. does anyone know when this is likely to be available in australia please? also do you consider it will it include major new features which i should wait for rather than purchasing a new i30 this year? many thanks for any thoughts. i prefer not to call hyundai at this early stage. many thanks
  • i30 petrol auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm guessing you have the GD-01 non satnav version? you could pick up another GD-01 unit from a wreckers for $100 if you only want a temporary fix, very simple to replace with plug and play.

A better system like the GD-03 is another option though it'll cost you an extra couple of hundred.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Annie,

About every 4 to 5 years the i30 gets a fairly big overhall. So it first came out in late 2007, series 2 came out  2012,  series 3 came out in 2017, so you would think another major revamp would be in the wings for 2022 at the latest. The updates I have seen for 2021 only look like styling tweaks of the existing PD series 3 model.

I'm guessing the next i30 will probably have a mild hybrid system to improve fuel economy and more autonomy. A fully configureable digital instrument cluster, larger more configurable infotainment screen and additional safety features.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline annie49

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks for the summary Dazzler. I will put together some of the changes I would like (eg digital speed display) and assess what's available with the minor changes of 2020 or 2021 and make my decision. I might look at Venue as well but will probably stay with i30. Many thanks for your help.
  • i30 petrol auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the summary Dazzler. I will put together some of the changes I would like (eg digital speed display) and assess what's available with the minor changes of 2020 or 2021 and make my decision. I might look at Venue as well but will probably stay with i30. Many thanks for your help.

No problems. The 1.6 Turbo Kona is also worth considering. We've had four i30's including 2008 Diesel hatch, 2010 (MY11) Petrol Wagon, 2014 Petrol wagon and 2017 Turbo Petrol hatch. My wife now drives a 2018 built (MY19) 1.6 turbo AWD Kona Active and she loves it!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal