i30 Owners Club

2012 Hyundai I30 (Early edition) Faulty Transmission temperature sensor

Offline i30_Kicker

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, QLD
Hi guys,

i have had the dreaded transmission problem with my hyundai I30 Diesel.  Since this time I have replaced the solenoids and now the valve bank.  I have recently had my mate around whos a mechanic with his wizz bang snap on OBDII port reader.  He cleared the codes and everything seems to have come back to normal.

The one thing he noted when he was doing a read on the car was that the temperature sensor for the transmission was coming back at -20 and 120°C and jumping between the 2 values.  (Seems like its broken and jumping between the 2 extremes the reader can give off).  As such I went about trying to hunt down a new Transmission temperature sensor, however have had a lot of difficulty in finding this to the point where I am starting to question if it even exists.

My mate has checked his websites and normal areas he orders parts off and he is saying that he reckons it doesn't exist as well.

i am wondering if anyone else has had some experience with this, knows what part this could be or heck if there is anything else I should be doing before I get my I30 back on the road.

Thanks guys!
  • i30 2012 Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal