i30 Owners Club

Exhaust Modification

Offline jeffwonder

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Does anyone know any one that does does exhaust mods ?
I have a i30 N Line 2019, was thinking of giving it a nice sound, spoke to a couple of places they can't help me.
I'm in Melbourne southern/eastern area please.
  • i30

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
DO NOT, I say DO NOT just go for a muffler delete.  You will be mega disappointed.
While it will sound good on the outside..   The drone on the inside will completely do your head in..
Something like this is a big NO, NO

I have a custom set up similar but with dual resonators. And the drone on light to mid throttle was quite bad.
I have had to put SS Steel Wool to plug up one side. And the improvement is outstanding.
It keeps the same sound on the outside, which is very good. But I now get no drone whatsoever on the inside.
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
I've done a second resonator and cat delete and it's a much nicer note than stock. It maintains the sock muffler too so no drone.

You can either have an exhaust shop do it for you or Cherry Tuning sell the piece for under $200
  • 2018 i30 N-Line Premium 1.6T Polar White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've done a second resonator and cat delete and it's a much nicer note than stock. It maintains the sock muffler too so no drone.

You can either have an exhaust shop do it for you or Cherry Tuning sell the piece for under $200
@Doyourbiz Are you sure you’ve had a Catalytic delete :undecided: you would have the engine warning light “ oxygen sensor bank 2 “ issues if you had done so  :confused: and a illegal vehicle :whistler:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:06:05 by CraigB »

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Yes, both the second cat and resonator have been deleted with a straight section of pipe taking their place. As for error codes from sensors I wouldn't expect any since all the sensors are before that section. It's been running for over 10,000km without an issue.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes, both the second cat and resonator have been deleted with a straight section of pipe taking their place. As for error codes from sensors I wouldn't expect any since all the sensors are before that section. It's been running for over 10,000km without an issue.
There should be two oxygen sensors, one pre sensor in the header and a post sensor after the second catalytic.

If there has been no errors then have they been disabled through the ECU :undecided:

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
No errors because there isn't a second sensor. I'd not have done the delete if there was a chance I'd be throwing codes until I had the tune done.

After the resonator it's just pipe right up to the muffler.

the 36 second mark on this video is what the N Line/SR sound like with the resonator delete done and with the stock muffler in place.

:link: Hyundai i30 SR Turbo exhaust upgrade - YouTube

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
No errors because there isn't a second sensor.
That's an easier design compared to the GD models using two sensors :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal