i30 Owners Club

My rear door locking issue - actuator (again) or something else?

pembs · 3 · 10375

Offline pembs

• 1st Gear
Hi - hope someone can explain this to me....im a little perplexed

My rear passenger door doesnt want to open - the door button moves but only slightly. Door doesnt open from either inside or outside.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that this could be the actuator....and also succesfully used a "trick" i read on here to open the door (use the key fob to open/close all locks, and at same time physically rock open/close the rear door button and it then after a several attempts it opens proper). So - i then got the door open and i have removed the door panel screws - but cannot (as yet) seem to get the door handle off. Anyway - its a start (i was going to spray some WD40 inside and check cables etc)

But what i dont understand (hence this post) is if i get the rear passenger door working using the trick above, and then open and close all the doors using the drivers internal door button, it works every time. BUT if i use the central locking from the key fob, it locks all the doors, but then i cant open the rogue rear door again.   

How come the rear door opens and closes based off the driver door button every time  - but will not open (once closed) via the central locking / key fob - Can someone explain that to me so i can try and fix the issue.
  • hyundai i20 classic

Offline pembs

• 1st Gear
this was the tip that can workaround the issue - from Cruiserfield:   "Open the window and reach in. Constantly alternate pressing lock unlock on remote with one hand while "helping" lock button in same direction with other hand. Works every time, might take a minute"

but im unclear how come the internal drivers door open/lock (that opens and locks all the doors) seems to work 100% for the rear rogue door when the remote open/lock doesnt work on this door?
  • hyundai i20 classic

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I had the rear door issue few years ago. This happened only in cold at first. I assume the grease inside the actuators got a bit too hard due temperature. After a while it started to act up during warmer days. Had to change the actuators. Not even the inside buttons worked.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal