i30 Owners Club

Malcolm Fraser dead at 84: Former PM passes away

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
March 20, 2015

FORMER Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser has died at the age of 84. 

“It is with deep sadness that we inform you that after a brief illness John Malcolm Fraser died peacefully in the early hours of the morning of 20 March 2015,” Mr Fraser’s office said in a statement this morning.

“We appreciate that this will be a shock to all who knew and loved him, but ask that the family be left in peace at this difficult time.”

Mr Fraser was the Prime Minister of Australia and the Leader of the Liberal Party from 1975 to 1983. After leaving office, he became a fearless critic of both Liberal and Labor governments.

He took over as caretaker Prime Minister in an unprecedented move after Gough Whitlam was controversailly dismissed in 1975.

Speaking of Mr Whitlam’s death last October, Mr Fraser said although the two would forever be linked by their differences during the dismissal, the two never bore any personal animosity.

“Gough Whitlam wasn’t the sort of person who bore grudges,” he said.

“He was a Prime Minister who did many different things and many of his ideas were good.”

Tributes have already begun to pour in.

Source: :link: Malcolm Fraser dead at 84: Former PM passes away

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer
For some unexplainable reason, he's the only Australian PM i could have named  :confused:

R.I.P.
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal