i30 Owners Club

Cartronics TL-01, DM-01, AD-01, FS-02 & GD-03 v2.05.05 Firmware (Aug 28, 2018)

bagerlk · 81 · 23678

Offline anonywhy

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I have the AD unit and I have upgraded to the latest linked in this thread -

I haven't noticed the clock resetting at all, however the Carplay crackling is still present.
  • Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo 2017

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I have the AD unit and I have upgraded to the latest linked in this thread -

I haven't noticed the clock resetting at all, however the Carplay crackling is still present.
The crackling is generated by the iOS not the car unit!

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
I have read that the iPhone xs doesn't have the crackling noise
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I have read that the iPhone xs doesn't have the crackling noise
Yes I read that also on the Whirlpool forums https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2720588 most of the twits there don't have a clue what they're bitching over :rolleyes: Apple have already stated it's a problem on their end as it only started after the 11.3 iOS update and seems to be localised to Cartronics units after 2016 in many car brands.

Offline Simon_Pth

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

Just in case there was any doubt as to whether my AD-01 was updated correctly.
I can confirm now that it is somehow linked to putting the car into reverse before the headunit has started up fully.
  • Elantra Elite 2.0l 2017

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I can confirm now that it is somehow linked to putting the car into reverse before the headunit has started up fully.
What happens if you wait a few extra seconds for the headunit to start, does shifting to reverse still reset the clock?

Offline the.chad

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hey folks

Finally got a chance to do the update on my AD01 head unit today.
All has gone well  :D

Not seeing the same clock issues others have reported, and have definitely turned off/on the car and put it into reverse multiple times today.

I have noted that in my excitement I didn't intialize (set to default settings) after applying the update...

Many thanks!
  • Hyunda Elantra Active 2016 (MY17)

Offline Simon_Pth

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Simon_Pth

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Try and start the car, then move it from reverse to park a few times when the headunit is still booting up and see what it does.
  • Elantra Elite 2.0l 2017

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Try and start the car, then move it from reverse to park a few times when the headunit is still booting up and see what it does.
It doesn't affect mine as it's an upgraded system and I've cut the reverse wire feed.

Now you know what causes it though so the trick is waiting those extra 10 seconds for the system to start, hopefully Cartronics aren't to far away with another update as they pulled this one quite quickly for likely this reason :undecided:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 18:39:56 by CraigB »

Offline Simon_Pth

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It's not 10 seconds though, it's closer to 30 or 40.
That's a long time for the unit to boot up :neutral: worth waiting though just to prevent the reset.

Offline the.chad

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hey folks!

Android Auto has been working pretty good.
A little buggy here and there, but from what I've read it's to be expected.

However, hoping anyone can assist with an audio streaming issue I have.

Audio from the phone works perfectly fine including, Google Maps, phone calls, Google Assistant.
But I haven't been able to get any Music applications to work at all (Spotify, Google Music, couple of radio apps).
They load up, and I can see them "playing" but no audio  :-[

Anyone else seen this at all?

Using a Samsung S7 Edge for my mobile.
Same issue on Samsung S5 (work phone).

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Audio from the phone works perfectly fine including, Google Maps, phone calls, Google Assistant.
But I haven't been able to get any Music applications to work at all (Spotify, Google Music, couple of radio apps).

You could check the media volume on the phone to make sure it is up all the way, not sure if this makes a difference when connected via USB. Have you tried streaming via Bluetooth? When changing the volume level on the car does it come up on the screen as audio volume or guidance volume?

My issues are that the skip/next song button on the steering wheel will stop working after a few clicks, but the previous/down button always works. Also on occasion when I change the volume up or down it doesn't change the volume of the music, it changes the guidance volume wherever I have used the map function or not.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Hey folks!

Android Auto has been working pretty good.
A little buggy here and there, but from what I've read it's to be expected.

I have the same issue with my iPhone after installing the update.

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline the.chad

• 1st Gear

• au Australia

You could check the media volume on the phone to make sure it is up all the way, not sure if this makes a difference when connected via USB. Have you tried streaming via Bluetooth? When changing the volume level on the car does it come up on the screen as audio volume or guidance volume?

My issues are that the skip/next song button on the steering wheel will stop working after a few clicks, but the previous/down button always works. Also on occasion when I change the volume up or down it doesn't change the volume of the music, it changes the guidance volume wherever I have used the map function or not.

I did in fact find there was a "media" volume setting when streaming music and noticed it was turned all the way down.
Unfortunately even after turning this to the max volume it doesn't play any audio.
I also checked the phone volumes were turned up as well...

Streaming via Bluetooth (not using Android Auto) works with no issues.

Very confused  :confused:

Offline Dinos

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Just a thankyou for posting the firmware. I purchased my 2016 tuscon secondhand and received different advice from 2 dealerships on cost and whether or not it would actually work.
Followed the instructions with the TL-01 and it works perfectly.
I had a moment of panic with no audio but discovered the micom version didn't update all the way. Per the instructions, I repeated the update to remedy.
Thanks again.
  • tuscon

Offline the.chad

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hey folks

Just want to report that all issues for audio streaming are now fixed.
For testing sake, went ahead and re-applied the same firmware (even though all versions were showing correct).

Straight after this, everything is working perfectly :D

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hey folks

Just want to report that all issues for audio streaming are now fixed.
For testing sake, went ahead and re-applied the same firmware (even though all versions were showing correct).

Straight after this, everything is working perfectly :D
Good job, I'm glad it's rectified :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
According to the latest information on the Whirlpool forums Cartronics are releasing a new update to Hyundai this week or next for audio systems affected with the Apple Car Play clicking noise http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2720588&p=8

Hopefully some of our smart members are able to find a download link to the new update :fingers: otherwise we’ll have to visit Hyundai for the fix once it’s arrived.

I also just called Cartronics to confirm that a fix is coming, any day Kim tells me...and no! she wouldn't give me a download link :p

"Note" Hyundai provided further information to me today and says the fix provided by Cartronics is an attempt to cover the clicking noise that Apple have chosen to ignore :disapp:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:51:03 by CraigB »

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
According to the latest information on the Whirlpool forums Cartronics are releasing a new update to Hyundai this week or next for audio systems affected with the Apple Car Play clicking noise http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2720588&p=8

Hopefully some of our smart members are able to find a download link to the new update :fingers: otherwise we’ll have to visit Hyundai for the fix once it’s arrived.

I also just called Cartronics to confirm that a fix is coming, any day Kim tells me...and no! she wouldn't give me a download link :p

"Note" Hyundai provided further information to me today and says the fix provided by Cartronics is an attempt to cover the clicking noise that Apple have chosen to ignore :disapp:

That's great news for some, as I was looking for a new phone upgrade in the next couple of months so hopefully this works

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's great news for some, as I was looking for a new phone upgrade in the next couple of months so hopefully this works
It's better than nothing, hopefully the Cartronic's fix/cover up attempt works well enough so it's not so noticeable :undecided: would be better if Apple did their part to fix their problem though :rolleyes:

If you're getting a new X series phone they're not affected by this problem anyway which is why Apple don't care about their previous models :disapp:

Edit new information

Latest reports on Whirlpool forum suggest this same clicking noise does affect the new X series phones which affected users are reporting to Apple
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:27:13 by CraigB »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hyundai have the new software update in, updating you too 2.05.07.

Reports say clicking/popping noise is fixed :happydance: hopefully one of our crafty members can find the file :fingers:

Offline oscargamer

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Hi,

New here.

Got a Tucson TL-01 unit and am having issues with iPhone clicking.

Updated to 2.05.05, but no change.

If I go to my local dealership and explain the issue are they required to fix it for free? under warranty? or is this whole issue not their problem?

Thanks
  • Tucson

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi,

New here.

If I go to my local dealership and explain the issue are they required to fix it for free? under warranty? or is this whole issue not their problem?

Thanks

Welcome! It's not really Hyundai's problem. Apparently it is an Apple issue. However, according to moderator Craig's previous post you may have to wait until Hyundai get the new update 2.05.07 and try again.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline oscargamer

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      VIC

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm waiting for a download of the. 07 version!

:P

No worries!  :P   :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi,

New here.

Thanks

Welcome! It's not really Hyundai's problem. Apparently it is an Apple issue.
Yes it's an Apple problem that Cartronics have taken upon them selves on behalf of the affected vehicle brands since Apple seem to be doing didley squat about or don't know how to rectify :rolleyes:

@oscargamer the update will be supplied free of charge.

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Anyone has the update to share with us?
Thanks!
If they're able to find it I'm sure it would be here :) Bartons Hyundai, Capalaba, Queensland have already performed an update with the new file on a Veloster with good results though Hyundai dealerships here in the west haven't received the file yet so my local dealer said, some European dealers received their files some weeks ago.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal