LTB Kia Rio 2012 Si ?? Reliable ?

Misha · 3 · 8468

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
My wife is looking for her first car.
Looking at a MY 12, 2012 1.6l kia rio Si petrol auto 5door, 52000km.
Looks near new other than paint scuff marks around bumpers, that have been poorly painted over in an slightly off color (possibly by hand brush lol :P )
Would it be cheaper to get the bumpers front and back re-painted ? Or possibly just get used bumpers to replace ?
Log book serviced by dealer @ 9194/12month, 18311/24month, 35678/48month, 43848/60month, 49400/72 month

$7.5k

Should i jump at this ?!
How reliable are they ?
Is it a good first car for a starter P plater ?
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You might even source a body kit that may cover the unsightly bits and make it go faster. :whistler: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Tidy up of scuff marks with a brush is a worry as is the 17,500 kilometre 24 month gap in servicing.. But price is realistic looking at the results of this search..(hope this link works)

Edit : it didn't

https://www.carsales.com.au (search here for similar cars - around $9-$10 K)

They aren't a bad little car. Probably better than the Hyundai Equivalent at the time (the i20) which was cheaply and fairly poorly built in India from what i'm led to believe. The Hyundai Accent is in a similar class to the Rio and is better than the i20 by my understanding.

I actually enjoy a bit of spray painting. Bumpers on a cheaper car would be fair game for me. Get some colour   matched paint put in a pressure pack by Supercheap or a Automotive paint shop... A bit of light sanding and lots of masking off the rest of the car.. and Bob's your uncle.

Use the hole in the service history to try and get it for 7K but i'd want someone to check the motor for compression etc with that sort of average service record.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal