Anti Perforation Warranty

eye30 · 6 · 2033

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I bought my car in 2012 and intend to keep for few more years as only just clicking over 35,000 miles.

I have had the inspection checks undertaken in accordance with the schedule in the service booklet provided with the car i.e. 12, 36, 60 and 84 months.

According to the book the next inspection was due at 108 months i.e. May just gone, and then at 132 months.

However, due to covid and garages not undertaking routine services last year plus the expiry date for MOT's being extended by the government, the 96 months service and MOT was done 3 months later at 99 months i.e. August last year.

It is booked in for service and MOT in August.

I asked re Anti Perforation inspection and was told there would be a charge if I wanted it done.
Previously this was done at no charge.

Looking at the t&c's online it states inspections at 12, 36 and 60 months and within plus/minus 30 days of the due date. No mention of later dates for inspection.

So I have my booklet supplied with the car saying one thing and the current online saying another.
Plus the inspection, if done in August, will be outside the 30 day grace period.

I tend to know what I'll do but wonder what others views are.

Plus if you have had an Anti Perforation inspection what were you charged.

Note:
I use main dealer as Hyundai provide 12 months breakdown cover foc as part of their Essentail service plan. So for £99 service I get £150 breakdown cover.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: eye30
I tend to know what I'll do but wonder what others views are.

I think at almost 10 years old I wouldn't be worried about the perforation warranty; if it was gonnna happen it'd have happened by now.

Life's too short...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
What is anti perforation warranty?

Are you checking to see no local gangsters have been taking pot shots at your car?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Back in the bad old 80s, Ming was a popular treatment against rust. Anti perforation warranty deals with rust so bad it creates holes. Cars are better now to the point that dealer offers of this are more scam than product.

Just my 2c.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Checking last years invoice included is a checklist for each of the 3 service levels which the mechanic ticks off as item done.

Anti Perforation body checks is shown as an item to be Checked on each service level.

So......... Looks like it is included at no additional cost....... I'll check whether the service book has been stamped.

If not I'll raise this before I pay the bill and I wonder what they will say.....

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Day of service and when I collected the car the book had not been stamped.

I queried why not and was told that it is not included in the service.

So the question I put was ....... Why have an item to be carried out detailed on the schedule but actually it isn't to be carried out!

Surely if not to be done then it shouldn't be on the schedule as to be done.

I then asked why is it detailed in the service schedule and ticked to show it had been done during the service.

To which they replied....... it should be a cross not a tick!
So has it actually been done.... No reply.

The assistant went to see the service manager but didn't come to see me but asked to see the checklist.

The result was a stamp in the book but I could see not happy!

Make me wonder how many items on other cars are not actually done but indicated done!

Ps
Just noticed it should have been washed and vacuumed as showing as ticked.

This hasn't been done as carpets still got bits on and bodywork has a few areas of dried bird droppings and sills dirty.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 18:08:58 by eye30 »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal