i30 Owners Club

09 i30 petrol won't start

Offline Hedgey17

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gwent
Hi, need some advice. I bought a i30 edition petrol 09 plate last week  and was driving fine, got in the car today and it won't start it's just silent wont even try to turn over. All the ignition lights are on theres no warning lights except for an annoying chime that sounds like a police siren. All lights, radio, windows and wipers work so don't think it's the battery.  Any help greatly appreciated.
  • 09 Hyundai i30 edition petrol

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Do you have a 2nd key?

If so, have you tried it?

Does that work or still same?

Did you buy private or dealer as of latter then get them to check it out.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi, need some advice. I bought a i30 edition petrol 09 plate last week  and was driving fine, got in the car today and it won't start it's just silent wont even try to turn over. All the ignition lights are on theres no warning lights except for an annoying chime that sounds like a police siren. All lights, radio, windows and wipers work so don't think it's the battery.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Kristal the Ball is whispering "SM". :wink:

The sound you hear is the starter motor running free; its gear, that normally engages the fly wheel, is faulty.

A swift clout with a hammer may free it. It will play up again, but at least you will know if Kristal is correct.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Hedgey17

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gwent
It only came with 1 key I bought it from a dealer and he said to take it down and he would look but as i told him i couldn't start it so can't bring it down he said there was nothing he could do plus i didn't have a warranty because i didn't pay the full asking price

Offline Hedgey17

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gwent
It isn't the starter motor I can here the chimes are coming from inside the car by the dash where the fuses are. Theres a black box with wires and that's what's making the noise

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Are you in a recovery, AA RAC etc who can recover car to dealer.

If not do you have family/friend who have any car cover who would help get recovery to take car to dealer.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
It only came with 1 key I bought it from a dealer and he said to take it down and he would look but as i told him i couldn't start it so can't bring it down he said there was nothing he could do plus i didn't have a warranty because i didn't pay the full asking price
WTF !!,
 is that legal ?  :crazy1:

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
It isn't the starter motor I can here the chimes are coming from inside the car by the dash where the fuses are. Theres a black box with wires and that's what's making the noise

Ok, it is not sounding like a siren  :rolleyes: its chiming ; and we now have a location  :happydance:

The Black thing with wires is called the body control module (BCM).

This fault is probably beyond your capabilities. BUT try this.....  Check all doors are closed properly. Open bonnet., Try to  reset BCM by disconnecting your battery for half an hour. Use the fob to open the car then start with key.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 21:41:13 by nzenigma »
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
WTF !!,
 is that legal ?  :crazy1:

:faint: Mate, don't lift the conversation too high, they cant even complete Brexit.   :mrgreen:

Offline Hedgey17

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gwent
Just been out and disconnected the battery for 30 mins still the same happening  I've rang my brakedown  and there sending some one out now. Thanks for the help  :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal