i30 Owners Club

removing 2019 PD headlight to install led bulbs

sdodo · 6 · 1737

Offline sdodo

• 2nd Gear

• it Italy
Hi guys,
any suggestion how to remove the headlight on my 2019 PD Czech i30, i 've found only 3 screws but maybe some others hidden anywhere?
whant to install Ledperf.com LED bulbs... :sweating:
Thanks!!

• 2019 PD (MkIII), 1.6crdi 115HP, Auto

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
If it's anything like the earlier models there is usually another screw down at the bottom of the headlight on the inner corner. On :link: PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World it lists quantity of retaining screws as 4. Does it not show you how to replace the bulbs in the owners handbook, in the maintenance section?

• i30 CRD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks to be more space on the PD than what was available on the previous GD model :undecided: I managed to install LED's without removing the light housings.

Offline sdodo

• 2nd Gear

• it Italy
no, the user manual doesn't explain how to unmount the headlight complete unit.

Offline sdodo

• 2nd Gear

• it Italy
Looks to be more space on the PD than what was available on the previous GD model :undecided: I managed to install LED's without removing the light housings.

yes, it would be nice,  but it seems diffucult to remove the original bulbs , put the led and adjust, as you can see in the picture, so i prefer to have the headlamp out.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I looked in the handbook for my GD and it's not much use. It tells you to remove the headlamp fixings but doesn't provide a drawing to show where they are. In the 4 years I've owned it I've never taken a headlamp out because none of the bulbs have failed.

The FD I had before regularly blew headlamp bulbs, so I became quite familiar with removing the headlamp.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal