• Dot Users: 14
  • Dot Users Online:

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

September 18, 2017, 20:59:41 by jaycelazatin | Views: 176 | Comments: 11

Bulbs
Hi guys,

I'm picking up my Manual i30 SR soon and noticed that the headlights aren't as white as the premium model.
Any idea if I can just change the bulb? If so, what bulb is it?
tried looking on the internet to no avail.  :(

Links to photos for example.

SR Manual - http://liveimages.carpoint.com.au/carpoint/car/cil/cc5180917886232865247.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050

SR Premium - http://liveimages.carpoint.com.a...
September 17, 2017, 15:59:52 by richardmn44 | Views: 97 | Comments: 6

Speakers
Hi,
My 'Active' spec i30 doesn't have tweeters in the front, and I think the sound quality suffers for it.   So to try to improve it, I've got hold of some original mirror covers that do contain tweeters (they must have come from a higher spec i30), and I want to fit these in place of mine.
Now I was hoping that I would remove my mirror covers to find that the wiring for the tweeter would be there, ready and waiting...  But sadly it's not, so I have some wiring to do.  To help me with this, can anyone with the same model i30 whose car had factory-fitted tweeters tell me a bit about how they're wired?  ie. are they wired from the main speakers; if so is there a crossover somewhere?  Or do they seem to be wired directly from ...
September 12, 2017, 18:59:33 by naser_1998x | Views: 747 | Comments: 49

Exhaust
Hi guys,
Has anybody used exhaust wrap on there Hyundai i30 1.6l CRDi. And if yes where? and was it worth it?
I have seen a lot of people use these wraps around exhaust headers, but on my car that's inaccessible, unless I lift the entire engine of course (impossible with the tools I have). So has anyone tried this product?
Many thanks in advance!
P.S. Here is a link of the product I am talking about :link: DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap - 2" X 50' Roll
September 10, 2017, 07:10:34 by Warwick | Views: 97 | Comments: 2

Steering
I have checked everywhere I can think of, & my problem is without doubt is freeplay in the right side Ball Assembly that can be located at either end of the steering rack, & once upon a time, in other vehicles these ball assemblies were adjustable in order to remove the freeplay that one feels coming from the unit. I have had the car up on a hoist, & this loose Steering Rack Ball End Ball Assembly  on the right side is where the movement is coming from. My life before (courtesy of a  drunken driver) was as an Automotive  TAFE Teacher, & the Tradesman who checked the source of the wear out with me, was certainly one of the best Automotive Mechanics that left our TAFE College about 18 years ago.
Has anyone else experienced this problem, ...
September 01, 2017, 06:16:12 by spin | Views: 129 | Comments: 3

Sunroof
Hi, I have a 2013 i30 Premium. The sunroof has a water leak on the passengers side and the leak is wetting the roof lining just where it meets the plastic cover on the pillar. I have read that there are drainage channels on i30's that can get blocked but I have had no luck finding them.

There are two flat plastic strips that run along both sides of the sunroof and you can see a rubber seal. To clean the drain tubes if there are any, how do you access them? Do the flat plastic strips come off somehow? Any help would be appreciated. Alternatively I will have to take it to a dealer. Thanks Spin.
August 27, 2017, 05:35:22 by kimmie | Views: 232 | Comments: 6

Alternator
Had a break-down yesterday and the RACV guy analysed and decided that I need a new alternator, after a new battery installed and the 'battery' indicator on the dashboard panel still lit. The car starts fine now with the new battery, but according to the RACV it runs purely on battery as the alternator is not working.

I checked the alternator fuse and it's not blown up... so I think I will need a new alternator.

Got a quote $676 from a local mechanic for a brand new alternator installed, but found some used ones from eBay. I noticed some have 2-pin and 3-pin model. Is there a way to find out which one do I have without taking it out first?

Is replacing an alternator something that is doable from home by an a...
August 26, 2017, 07:44:40 by eyecon | Views: 221 | Comments: 5

Water Pump
Anyone have any knowledge of replacing a water pump on a 1.6 CRDI? Has anyone done this before, and is it a relatively easy process? One of the pulleys is seized and I believe it to be the water pump.
Cheers
Dennis
August 26, 2017, 05:08:49 by Glynny | Views: 310 | Comments: 10

ABS & disks
I recently bought an i30 2015 and on the whole have been very pleased with it. However, I recently had to do an emergency stop as a cyclist came across my path. It seemed like the ABS came on too strong such that I couldn't stop but that's only my perception. Luckily the cyclist was OK and nothing is happening as a result but I find that I can't trust my brakes now. Is there any brake issue with this model and, if so, how can I rectify it?
August 25, 2017, 03:26:26 by Gubbi05 | Views: 624 | Comments: 26

Problems & Issues
So we meet again...

Goodmorning dear i30 owners (+1 timezone)  :P

Once again i am having trouble with our beloved i30 1.4 gasoline 2008.

This time we are doing a big sugery.  Clutch change (thank you first owner)

This came as a shock as it has never shown any signs of bad gear shifting or anything like it.

Happened on my way back from work, as it didn't accelerate if i went pass 2000-2200 rpm. Top speed is now 45-50 km/h. U feel it too as u shift gear.

Anyway.

I got a dear friend of mine to fix the whole operation for just 1000 DKK (200 AUD, 158 USD).

I did buy the clutch set myself.

As we wanted to take the transmission off from ...
August 18, 2017, 13:35:42 by wbm00 | Views: 502 | Comments: 16

Brake Pads
At the first year health check, I reported that the brakes seemed to be binding when warm - when allowing the vehicle to roll to a stop, it felt as if the brakes were still being lightly applied. This was combined with the rear wheels having more brake dust than the fronts. The dealership said there was no issue found.

At the second year service the vehicle was under 20,000 miles and under 2 years old - therefore within the warranty period. Again the problem was reported and logged without replication by the dealership.

The third year health check was carried out this week. They requested around 295 (price only given verbally) to replace the rear discs and pads as the Hyundai warranty only lasts for two years. Yet it...
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Calendar

September 2017
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler
63 Posts