* Fuel Calculator

Who's Online

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

March 22, 2018, 20:25:25 by ads1212 | Views: 320 | Comments: 3

Calculater
 Hi. My petrol 2016 i30 calculation of how many kilometres I should get on a full tank is constantly incorrect. When I fill up (I am driving normally in and around town mostly), the trip computer says I have a range of approximately 460 km. I never usually go for more than around 300 km per tank of unleaded fuel before needing to refill. This is a big anomaly. Is this normal? :victory:
March 21, 2018, 23:03:33 by burner | Views: 846 | Comments: 22

DPF
If I wanted to intiate a DPF burn what are the conditions I need to give the engine?

How does the engine sense it needs a DPF burn? backpressure? downstream temperature/ pressure?

I've asked a service manager his technical reply was "it' ll  do it when it wants to"

How can I see a burn has taken place without watching my instantaneous fuel consumption or exhaust constantly while i'm hurtling down the road?

I've read service depts can do it via the ECU  in some cars.

Hyundai customer service were a huge disappointment

No wonder  people are scared to buy diesels if the manufacturer cant give straightforward answers and problems with the DPF can be very expensive.
March 20, 2018, 18:28:24 by lil_weg | Views: 764 | Comments: 14

Speakers
To get started, car audio may look confusing with all the numbers flying around to the uninitiated, but its really quite basic once you get your head into it. I admit I am an engineer so this kind of stuff just clicks with me but if you need help on your own car I'm just a PM away!

So the I30 has an okay stock audio system, but its not going to win any awards so I quickly got to work. In previous cars it was simply replace the headunit, which gives you RCA low level outputs to fronts, rears and a subwoofer, which made installs a breeze! Since the I30 has such a beautiful (limiting in audio adjustability still) headunit, there are a few things to consider.

It is possible to simply put speaker level inputs into amplifier...
March 19, 2018, 05:44:41 by mentalboy1 | Views: 304 | Comments: 10

Radio
Hi,

Only a small detail but when I want to see information about the CD playing on my radio (standard factory one fitted) I press the info button and get it, but then it disappears after a few seconds. On previous radios such as JVC and Sony etc this information stays unless I change it again. Is there a way to keep that info on the screen? Its only a small thing but bugs me to see track 01 etc I prefer to see the information of track name etc when its available.

Cheers
March 18, 2018, 18:44:36 by jonesb371 | Views: 719 | Comments: 22

DPF
Hey all,

I believe our UK 2007 1.6 CRDi i30 has a faulty DPF differential pressure sensor. The problem is that a replacement is dealer only, very expensive, and rare in terms of finding at an auto recyclers.

The part number is 392102A750. In the 2009> model of the same car the sensor was replaced with part number 392102A800. Does anyone know if I can use the newer version instead? The harness connector is the same and the inlets are the same too, but the newer version is less than 10% of the price of the matching version.

The current part is shown here http://hyundai.epc-data.com/i30/38447/engine/electronic_control-28390C11/sensor_diff_pressure-39210U/

The newer part is shown here http://hyundai.e...
March 15, 2018, 14:05:05 by kermit1302 | Views: 754 | Comments: 1

Problems & Issues
Hi,

I have a weird problem with my car. When driving the immobilizer warning light comes on when driving. It doesn't come on properly, more fades in gradually and is very dim. To make it weirder it will disappear when I turn the a/c on. The car starts and runs fine.

Any ideas??

Thanks
March 15, 2018, 07:28:14 by PippaB | Views: 863 | Comments: 5

Handbrake
Hi, Has anyone with a 2017/18 I30 tourer experienced any issues with the brakes not releasing when trying to set off in reverse on an incline? 
The brake warning light goes out from the dashboard but the brakes are not released.....
I rejected my 1st I30 over this fault, and now the replacement vehicle is displaying the same reluctance to release the brakes when required, its an intermittent fault any ideas guys?
March 13, 2018, 13:12:09 by eye30 | Views: 1437 | Comments: 27

Hatch GD
Noticed the pad which protects the hatch release button has crumbled.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Looking at it the "rubber" bit that you press in has dried out and the constant pressing has caused the "rubber" to crumble.

Looked to see if it is a cap that pulls off but doesn't want to budge.

So it seems that it is a moulded unit which fits into the body work.

Does anyone have:
 1. A detail schematic view of the tailgate set up so i can see how ět fits together
2. Part number

Photo for reference

March 12, 2018, 19:17:58 by burner | Views: 792 | Comments: 1

DPF
Hi...shouldn't my PD diesel have a dpf light near the speedo? I expect that it should light for a second when you start the car?
March 10, 2018, 18:59:55 by pidim | Views: 1503 | Comments: 48

Servicing
So I’m about to have my car serviced for it’s 6th time (72m service) and the 6 years I have owned it, every service has only involved engine oil and filter with the odd fuel filter on one of them and an air filter on this upcoming service and tyre rotation.  Everything else is a massive list of “inspect, inspect, inspect etc”.  Do you think anyone has realistically ever done these inspections?

Given the number of cars each dealership churns over each day and the fact that most staff doing these services must be SO bored changing oil and their reluctance to look at anything out of the ordinary that gets asked of them to check making it easier to just come back with “no fault found” or something like that, which means you need to ...
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16

Calendar

June 2018
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
[18] 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler
18 Posts