• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 13
  • Dot Users Online:

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

May 30, 2017, 01:08:57 by Dazzler | Views: 759 | Comments: 22

Test Drive
As many of you know I had an opportunity to go to the official launch of the new PD in Australia in Sydney in early April, but unfortunately I had other commitments. I've had several offers from the friendly guys at Motors Devonport (Brad and Jake) to take one for a spin but us retired guys are busy.  :winker:

Anyway, yesterday I finally had a chance to go for a good mixed drive in a White SR Premium.

I'm guessing about 30 kilometres on a combination of city, rural and highway (110 kph limit) roads. I went and collected my Wife Trish from our house and dropped her back after, which meant I got two return trips up our winding 3 km country road (8...
May 29, 2017, 01:44:10 by Jordie | Views: 592 | Comments: 9

Air Con
Hi All,

My air conditioning stopped working over time, to the point the gas had dropped so low the compressor would not switch in.

So went to my local garage, who used their machine to vacuum any old stuff out, leak test/pressure test and regassed as per manufactuer information.

He then told me everything had passed ok, but it wasn't working properly.

I got in the car and it is cooler than the outside, the A/C compressor does click in and out when pressing the button. But its not super cold if you get me - my wifes car and my old cars would freeze your hand on the coolest setting.

Is there any common problems I need to look at?
- Change pollen filter? - but doubt that will effect t...
May 27, 2017, 20:47:46 by Angus Macleod | Views: 710 | Comments: 20

ESP Off
My partner has a 2010 2.0 auto, she informed me that the ESP OFF keeps lighting up. I checked this forum and on it's advise checked the tyre pressure, thought I would test the brake light switch. I  then noticed the rear brake lights don't light up, the high stop LED one does. To me this suggested there was something wrong with the switch. I thought how difficult can a switch with 4 contacts be, and chopped a whole in the side,  I then noted lots of surface mount components, so obviously does more than switch the brake lights on and off.
I fitted a new one I got on ebay, and this made no difference. I think I read something about there being a difference between the switch on cars with cruise control, this car has cruise control. I or...
May 24, 2017, 07:49:56 by adj50 | Views: 284 | Comments: 2

Testimonials
My i30, FD, built Nov2011, 1.6 gasoline 4 speed auto is now 5 years old. It has just been serviced, no irregularities noted in the workshop, and no issues to report from my side. I have travelled 43,000ks, mostly in Melbourne city/suburbs, average 91RON fuel consumption is 8.6 L/100k. It has been a perfect ride - 100% reliability. I am 72, retired, and none of my previous 23 cars were this well-behaved.

Due to the mainly very short trips to/from shopping centers, my mechanic suggested the car would appreciate a good long drive. So I tossed a 1-man-tent and sleeping bag in the back and headed off to Port Augusta, Alice Springs, Darwin, Broome, Exmouth, Perth, Adelaide and back home to Melbourne some 13,000ks and 4 weeks later. The...
May 23, 2017, 04:07:35 by TBerry | Views: 1570 | Comments: 24

Steering
Hi all

My first post here (go easy and sorry if i violate all the posting rules..). I have done a lot of forum reading here though over the last few years; what a great site!

I know this topic has been covered a number of times,
namely here: :link: Hyundai i30 SX 2009 (Australia) power steering failure
also here: :link: Problems with Power Steering on i30
and here: :link: POWER STEERING FAILURE 2010 diesel
and others.. but I didn't want to zombie any of them..
May 15, 2017, 04:53:32 by i30premy | Views: 1176 | Comments: 19

i30 in the news
Looks like Hy have a couple of "N's" on the road here already:
:link: Busted: Hyundai caught testing new i30N at Bathurst
May 12, 2017, 14:31:55 by captaintweed | Views: 993 | Comments: 32

Wont Start
Hi there folks

*brief explanation of problem*
Car randomly won't start as key is turned to ignition position - something goes 'click' and all electric power is lost, problem only is remedied by disconnecting battery and reconnecting. Then car operates fine

*detailed explanation of problem*
First happened 6 weeks ago, 2nd time today, garage won't/can't help as fault is intermittent.
As I insert key, mile count is visible. As I turn key, the various lights etc come on. Turn to ignition, and a click is heard, similar to a short but not the same, and then all electricity goes. Starter doesn't even make it to start turning over. No lights, no mile count, zero. As stated above, disconnect/reconnect the...
May 09, 2017, 08:10:16 by tohis | Views: 635 | Comments: 7

PD Fastback photo
Some spy shots and a fake rendering of the PD Fastback seem to have been out there for some time...
:link: 2018 Hyundai i30 Fastback to rival Mazda 3 Fastback | Autocar

May 08, 2017, 16:52:31 by blackpudding | Views: 342 | Comments: 4

Windscreen Washer
Rear washer works fine; I can hear the motor. I get no sound when trying to wash the front. I thought they operated from one motor??  Any ideas please?
May 08, 2017, 10:39:36 by captaindagman | Views: 375 | Comments: 5

Caliper
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to remove a split gaiter on a rear caliper piston and fit a new one ?

Cheers
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12

Calendar

September 2017
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

• - Holidays -
  • holiday Autumnal Equinox