i30 Owners Club

2017 - Any of our members riding their pushy's?

eye30 · 188 · 40509

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'll take out a bank loan :Shocked: :link: 2017 Specialized Turbo Levo HT 29 ? Bike Society

They're good fun the electric bikes, a mate of mine has a US import one that more resembles a motor cross bike, weighs a ton but the 2400w motor pushes 80kph, not cheap though as they start at 8k new.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I'll take out a bank loan :Shocked: :link: 2017 Specialized Turbo Levo HT 29 ? Bike Society

They're good fun the electric bikes, a mate of mine has a US import one that more resembles a motor cross bike, weighs a ton but the 2400w motor pushes 80kph, not cheap though as they start at 8k new.

Craig , yes they are pricey, the one I have is higher spec than that one it's the ht comp 6 fatty 27.5" rim with the big 3" wide tyre you don't feel the shock from big bumps, & corrugation's. only thing different to the 29" wheel model is has a controllable seat post can push a leaver the seat goes up, or sit on it push leaver seat goes down. it also has a better front end better damping, the tyres on the 27.5" wheels are same outside diameter as the 29" tyre so lot of side wall profile. they only need low pressure to support the bike & rider. well first hard dirt track ride today with group, I been riding the cycleway a lot even with power turned off to see difference.
my m8 who has one like your link & I had to go to Canberra, we stopped at pushy's bike shop saw a bike very similar but with lots of gadgets same power as their same speed limiter but even more expensive than that link you posted different make.
then on way home stopped at Batemans bay cycles and the girls there and was a demo gave it too me at a price I could not hope to beat anywhere, took it for a quick ride and bought it.
my old bike 5 years old now .

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
hey dazz , got it for $4,000, retail @ $6,000 but girl's at the shop would give  ( I mean sell lol ) me a new 2018 model $5,000, I thought $4,000 was enough. my mate payed $5,500 for his few months back and this one higher spec model. he loves his and rides every week now.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
hey dazz , got it for $4,000, retail @ $6,000 but girl's at the shop would give  ( I mean sell lol ) me a new 2018 model $5,000, I thought $4,000 was enough. my mate payed $5,500 for his few months back and this one higher spec model. he loves his and rides every week now.

Thanks John, I'd have to be sure I'd ride it a lot to spend that sort of money. I reckon it would nearly fit in the back of the SR with seats folded down! Wouldn't want to be taking the wheels off to do it though. Maybe next year once the finances recover from car upgrade and all my trips!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Thanks John, I'd have to be sure I'd ride it a lot to spend that sort of money. I reckon it would nearly fit in the back of the SR with seats folded down! Wouldn't want to be taking the wheels off to do it though. Maybe next year once the finances recover from car upgrade and all my trips!

if its not raining I ride every day, 16k before breakfast then another 16k after dinner plus the two weekly group rides Monday & Wednesday , my riding m8 is over 6 ft so his bike larger than mine , but same size wheel tyres, he gets his into an fd i30 ok

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Behold, my old race bike which I sold nearly 30 years ago. Still in one piece and still being used regularly. I took it round the block last week and its still a glorious thing to ride. I'm hoping to reacquire this magnificent bike and bring it back to life. It may take a while, but it will be worth the effort. Watch this space.

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's cool Keith. Well done!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
going on a 30k rough single dirt track, big hill's ride today.
also looks like I sold my old trek mountain bike, to a new member of the group, first day I mentioned to the group leader. I have a buyer. so happy as a good guy, and he had a not so good bike to ride, I payed $1,100 five year back now same model is $2,000. I put a lot of track under that bike loved every minute, the mountain bikes suit me as the country we ride in.

also the 40k ride Monday was a beauty some real rough down hill sections with just as rough up hill sections the fat rear tyre had good traction up hill good ride damping. then a 5 k tarmac run to the cafe with my good m8 on another bike like mine just Dif size wheels & tyres, he also had fitted 4 extra tooth crank Sproket so I was flat out after him we had no electric help unless speed went below 25kph we were over the help speed for the five k so good work out. bigger frank Sproket soon for me too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 21:46:27 by Lakes »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

also looks like I sold my old trek mountain bike, to a new member of the group, first day I mentioned to the group leader. I have a buyer. so happy as a good guy, and he had a not so good bike to ride, I payed $1,100 five year back now same model is $2,000. I put a lot of track under that bike loved every minute, the mountain bikes suit me as the country we ride in.

also the 40k ride Monday was a beauty some real rough down hill sections with just as rough up hill sections the fat rear tyre had good traction up hill good ride damping. then a 5 k tarmac run to the cafe with my good m8 on another bike like mine just Dif size wheels & tyres, he also had fitted 4 extra tooth crank Sproket so I was flat out after him we had no electric help unless speed went below 25kph we were over the help speed for the five k so good work out. bigger frank Sproket soon for me too.

I think you lie about your age! No racing for me on my new $158 bike!  :crazy1: :rofl:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Love the narrative.......any pictures?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well you know that new bike I got...

I put on some "stovepipe" black jeans so I wouldn't get my trousers caught in the chain, put a bit of sunscreen on, went and selected a pair of matching black runners from my shoe cupboard then went down to the garage to have a test ride of my bike. Helmet fits nicely, bike rides ok (on my driveway) although brakes probably need tightening a little.

So, I fold down the back seats and spread out my deluxe Kmart picnic mat ($10) to protect the car and then (try) and proceed to put the bike in the back of the SR...   :crazy1:  Not only wouldn't it quite go in, but it wouldn't come out again!  :head_butt:

Anyway, I eventually get it back out and decide to have a ride on the top part of our road while I have a think about my options. My Wallet isn't very snug in my pocket so I put it on the freezer in the garage and think I better close the garage while i'm out. Bloody door gets stuck after only moving down a few inches. FML  :crazy2:

I went for a bit of a ride anyway but I need to learn how to change the gears as couldn't seem to get the front gear to go from the the littlest gear to the middle or biggest one. By the time I had done a few laps of the top of our street in a fairly low gear I was buggered!  :undecided:

Bike doesn't have a quick release Mech for front wheel although still be fairly easy to take wheel on and off I guess.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Dazz, that's a bummer :disapp: I cant fit my bike in the back of the car either :Dunno: had to get a friend to bring it over from the other house.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazz, that's a bummer :disapp: I cant fit my bike in the back of the car either :Dunno: had to get a friend to bring it over from the other house.

I think i'll just cart a spanner and whip the front wheel off. it's only  a matter of an inch or two (the handle bars more than the wheel) But if I take the wheel off bars should fit fine.  :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I think i'll just cart a spanner and whip the front wheel off. it's only  a matter of an inch or two (the handle bars more than the wheel) But if I take the wheel off bars should fit fine.  :cool:
Grab a quick release hub from the bike shop, it'll make it easier to remove if you are going to be throwing the bike in the back frequently.

Even with the front wheel off mine is still a squeeze, then I worry about scratching the side panels or the tinting :sweating:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Ive been trying to post a reply for over 5 minutes. Keeps freezing up. Then lost what I was typing.
I said what craig said about replacing the bolts with quick release ones.
Or, do what I do when I need more space. Move the front seats forward about 2" and scrunch up my legs for a while.
But I don't need to do that for my bike. It fits even with my seats right back.  :mrgreen:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers guys, I'll look into those.  :victory:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes posting replies seem to have a glitch this morning, I had one disappear earlier and waiting for the post is slow.

Noticed last night after posting that new posts took a little while to show in the recent post menu as well :confused:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Re bike in car,.

Are you putting in with frony wheel flat?

If so, try putting in with front wheel turned up so wheel up in air sort of.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:33:40 by The Gonz »
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Re bike in car,.

Because the rear part of the boot is deeper than the front I was putting the back wheel in first then the front turned at 90 degrees but bike is too tall bottom of wheel to top of bars.  Might try front wheel in first before trying it with wheel removed.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Re bike in car,.

Yep. Front wheel first and turn handlebars 90°
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
sorry I did not post reply, all my pic's go to our dazz, so don't like asking all the time . but I have been doing two rides a week with the group, normally 40k fast pace mondays, 20 25k easy pace wednesday. always big hill's to ride up as very hilly coastline . today its a 25k ride all dirt roads and tracks, follow a sandy creek lot of hills and dust as have had no rain for months. but good riding weather temp was 23c yesterday. will try take pic's with phone. I got my new bike set up how I like now. so can ride easy at fast, for a dirt track, pace. please ex all lower case. apple wireless keyboard  not me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We have had a very wet spring (some rain almost every day) Unfortunately the dry days I've been out visiting or mowing lawns etc... Must have another try at fitting the bike in the car without taking wheel off. Unfortunately 90% chance of rain again today.  :crazy1:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Some pictures from today.

On my Ute,

My Bike

some of the group at first stop, we only did 25k but some good hill's, was 20 of us.
all finished at a cafe for lunch, did not see any snakes, but one member said he saw a big python at his home before leaving.
also I almost hit a kangaroo on my pushy it hopped out in front of me. but we both turned at right time avoided hitting.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:30:40 by Lakes »

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
dazz, if you can fit a tow bar, a quick detach bike rack is a good option as no need to remove wheel & can remove rack quick to put in back of car to allow rear hatch to open. I used one with my first fd but have sold it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

dazz, if you can fit a tow bar, a quick detach bike rack is a good option as no need to remove wheel & can remove rack quick to put in back of car to allow rear hatch to open. I used one with my first fd but have sold it.

$600 for a tow bar, $200+? for a rack.. Gee do you think I'm made of money!  :eek: (bike only cost $158, if it cost $4000 -$5000 like yours I might have felt differently) :goodjob:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
That's a damn good ride on / ride off  ramp you've got there. Nice pic's   :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Last Friday was a holiday here and I embraced Mrs G's suggestion of a bikeride. We took off about 0930 from home and rode the Federation trail as far as Williamstown Rd about 10 km from home. I then asked "Do you want to turn back now?"

To which she replied "And do what, sit at home?" So I led her further east until we hit Mum's house in Fitzroy. By the time we said hello, turned back and got home, we'd dome a smidgin over 60km.

That'll learn her!  :lol:

In all seriousness, a great effort from her and no soreness the next day at all. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Well done to you both,  :goodjob2:  :goodjob:

i worked a sweat up just thinking about it  :sweating:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal