i30 Owners Club

AUX and USB connectors from inside the storage are not working

Offline meysammaleki

• 1st Gear
Hi,

I used to use the AUX and USB connectors in the storage compartment which is between the two front seats (see image below) and they were working properly. Since some days ago AUX and USB ports start working on and off, since yesterday they completely stopped working.

Considering the fact that the Radio and CD are working properly, i assume the connection between the storage compartment and the main device is damaged. Any one has a thought how to solve this issue?

Appreciate your hints :)

Meysam

• Hyundai I30 2011 Petrol

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Reasonable thinking, Meysam. There are some threads here that discuss dismantling and/or replacing the head unit so you might find some mention of the AUX/USB connection there. The back of that panel has some support circuitry that might be tested by replacement with a similar panel from a wrecker, so that's another approach you can take before doing the whole head unit work. I'm sure someone that's been through it will drop by soon. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hard to say. The obvious point of failure I would expect to be the USB/AUX assembly since things are plugged in and out of it. (wear & tear)

Here's some shots of the insides. Both my cars I've had to resolder earth connections on the 3.5mm socket, you should see the crack in the image.

Apart from that the harness looked pretty sturdy to me, assuming it's never been tampered with I would not expect that.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline meysammaleki

• 1st Gear
thank you guys, then most properly i should have it replaced.
  • Hyundai I30 2011 Petrol

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If tw2005's very helpful post is a clue, then pull yours out and reheat any solder joints that may have suffered mechanical stress.

Offline tristo07

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      south australia
Hi,
I know it’s a long shot getting a reply but I have the same issue wondering what’s the best way to take this part out ? I have no clue where to start...

Just attack with a screw driver ?
  • i30 slx 09 turbo diesel

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
@tw2005 should be along soon to confirm but I don't see anywhere for a screwdriver to help. Don't try until he confirms but I would guess you just grab the flap and pull upwards.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi,
I know it’s a long shot getting a reply but I have the same issue wondering what’s the best way to take this part out ? I have no clue where to start...

Just attack with a screw driver ?

Two ways I've tried.

Remove the carpet piece within the bin, you should just get the fingers back up under to push on the connector whilst you flip the lid on the aux port and pull firmly. Should pop out.  harness will just come out enough to remove but it's a strain. also chance you may rip the lid off.

Other way is remove centre console which is a bit of work. The gearshift surround needs to come off. I don't know if you have auto or manual.

Manual the knob screws off, auto there is a collar under the knob that pulls down revealing one or two screws to take the knob off. Then the shifter  surround is clipped in. You will need t pry up. Chances are the plastic will get marked , thin balded screwdriver in a cloth may reduce or a plastic trim removal tool. The there's two screws at the front sides, 4 at the back, 2 10mm blots inside the bin. The rear end cover of the console pulls out.

Plastics are not the highest quality in these so chances are they get marked or if rough you can break clips. There is a harness connector at the front of the console that needs undoing to remove.

Maybe try the first option , see how you go.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal