i30 Owners Club

Hi from near Oxford, UK

Offline Glyndwr

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire
Commiserations welcome. Bought my 2008 CRDI Comfort, 5 door hatch, diesel, auto two days ago and have had major problems already. I'll post about that in the appropriate forum. Got AA warrantee for three months so that should help.

Anyone out there in Oxfordshire?
  • 2008 CRDi Comfort, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Red

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wttc: Glyndwr, get that car back to where you bought it from as quick as possible.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
 :wttc:

Oh and by the way, if your first names is 'Owain' there's a couple of Welsh guys looking for you  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 11:43:12 by asathorny »

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:

As Craig said, back it goes fast. The longer you take the weaker your case.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Glyndwr

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire
Dealer point blank refused to take back the car or get it repaired, so I put it in a local garage and have an estimate for about 1,000 pounds for turbo repairs. AA Cars, under whose branding the trader gets assistance to sell his cars have pointed out to the dealer that he passed the point of no return under the Consumer Protection Act 2015 by refusing my requests and I was therefore quite entitled to get the car repaired locally and ask him to pay the bill. Incidentally, AA Warranty (another AA brand) has refused to cough up 500 pounds to cover their warranty, on the grounds that the turbo failed through normal wear at 109,00 miles. This begs the question, why do they allow dealers to issue warranties if they are going to claim that the vehicle has too many miles on it for it to be their responsibility.  I've already reported this whole issue to Trading Standards but these days they do not reply to mere mortals and I have to make a complaint through Citizens Advice.  It should be fun in the County Court, as I have hard copies of my SMS exchanges with the dealer, and it seems extremely likely that he as broken the Consumer Protection Act 2015. It remains to be seen whether Trading Standards will prosecute him but clearly if they do, and win, it bolsters my case in the County Court.

Thank you for the welcomes. Does anyone with an i30 reading this live in the Oxford Area?
  • 2008 CRDi Comfort, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Red

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Contact BBC's Watchdog Matt loves stories like this.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal