i30 Owners Club

Auto Light Sensor + Switch, anyone installed

Guest · 7 · 2440

guest9517

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'll be interested to know if it works :undecided: if it does it might be another nice little upgrade.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Well, the danish Hy dealers offered it as a retrofit solution for the GD model, so I would expect it to work...  :cool:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

guest9517
Well, the danish Hy dealers offered it as a retrofit solution for the GD model, so I would expect it to work...  :cool:

It was a nogo:

1. Korean arm is internally completely different from European & only rear fog lights switch. Not possible to move parts around internally in the stalks as "axle" for light is completely different.

2. The taps that goes together with the wiper-stalk doesnt match up, so they cant be locked together without cutting & didnt bother trying with lag of front fogs.

Same as the wiring-harness for cruise-control, where even horn-wire is positioned differently than on european buildt cars...

But at least the stainless steel pedals was a perfect fit  :mrgreen:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Bummer, that stalk wouldn't fit mine either as it's designed for the opposite side of the column.

guest9517
Bought a 2016 stalk from breaker on ebay & works perfectly in combination with the lightsensor i bought.

The car i got the part from is RHD & mine is LHD, so there is no difference on stalks :-)

Now wondering if i could upgrade my instrument-cluster to the color-version with the nice graphics  :mrgreen:

Offline -NRG-

• 1st Gear

• Netherlands
I would like to add automatic light as well. There are different sensors available:
Auto light & Photo
Auto light & Led
Led

The LED is to show the alarm is active but does anyone know what the Photo sensor would do?
  • i30 2012

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal