i30 Owners Club

I30 Premium sunroof leak

spin · 4 · 6310

Offline spin

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Hi, I have a 2013 i30 Premium. The sunroof has a water leak on the passengers side and the leak is wetting the roof lining just where it meets the plastic cover on the pillar. I have read that there are drainage channels on i30's that can get blocked but I have had no luck finding them.

There are two flat plastic strips that run along both sides of the sunroof and you can see a rubber seal. To clean the drain tubes if there are any, how do you access them? Do the flat plastic strips come off somehow? Any help would be appreciated. Alternatively I will have to take it to a dealer. Thanks Spin.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Is the car still under warranty? sunroof should have been checked and serviced if you were doing services through Hyundai.

Offline spin

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I have had it for 6 months. Is the warranty 5 years on the sunroof? if so being a 2013 it would be. I will check Monday with a dealer if it is still under warranty. Spin

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
All 5 years 4unless specifically stated in handbook.

Without checking i would say covered.

several issues reported with the sun roof so if you use the search function, see if any match yours so you can explain to dealer.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal