i30 Owners Club

For those that like dogs.

John B · 16 · 2473

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Some of you may remember when my dog Nelson passed away. Now the new pup is 18 months old. I would like to share this photo of Georgie waiting for her grooming session. She has turned out to be a great dog and did well at the dog training school. :)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:57:29 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very cute photo...  :D

Our new Pup (Honey) is also doing well, although much of what I predicted has happened. Cat is not happy and Trish has her hands full at times... :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
If it is any consolation Dazz Georgie was a little ratbag when she was a pup, constantly paddling in her water bowl, oh hang on she still does that  :lol: joking aside as she has got older she has mellowed and become well mannered. Dog training classes is the answer and you must carry on with it when at home. Takes up a fair bit of your time & patience but well worth it in the long run. :goodjob2: Your cat unfortunately will be a source of entertainment for Honey but she will hopefully grow out of it. For Trish it will be a hands full job until hopefully Honey settles down in a year or two. At least now we have stopped buying boxes of band aids since Georgie got rid of those sharp little puppy fangs. :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:59:41 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If it is any consolation Dazz Georgie was a little ratbag when she was a pup, constantly paddling in her water bowl, oh hang on she still does that  joking aside as she has got older she has mellowed and become well mannered. Dog training classes is the answer and you must carry on with it when at home. Takes up a fair bit of your time & patience but well worth it in the long run. :goodjob2: Your cat unfortunately will be a source of entertainment for Honey but she will hopefully grow out of it. For Trish it will be a hands full job until hopefully Honey settles down in a year or two. At least now we have stopped buying boxes of band aids since Georgie got rid of those sharp little puppy fangs. :D
Honey used to try and bite my fingers when I nursed her, but now she just licks my palms  and wrists while I pat her with the other hand. Trish says it's gross but I like to nurse her for a few minutes a couple of times a day as a bonding exercise.  I'm not that keen on the licking but its better than biting me. If she starts chewing my fingers I put her back on the floor. Trish puts her through her paces with treats from time to time.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Dazz, I wouldn't let her lick either, bad habit.

Toby's bad habit was chewing up the couch cushions when he was left alone, took about 3 years for him to grow out of.

We still have to shut the bedroom door when we go out or else he goes in and humps his bed :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazz, I wouldn't let her lick either, bad habit.

Toby's bad habit was chewing up the couch cushions when he was left alone, took about 3 years for him to grow out of.

We still have to shut the bedroom door when we go out or else he goes in and humps his bed :D
She only does it to me, i use a different flavour of handwash every day..   It's better than biting, I don't know how to stop it and still get my bonding time. She likes her pats and tickles..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Whenever she starts licking you just a firm "no" as you pull away will do, she'll realise what it means in time.

Bart, the folks dog that you met here last time had a bad licking habit every time someone tried to pat him, plenty of no's helped but as they got him as an adult dog it was pretty well embedded into his nature, I used to flick his tongue whenever he did it to me and he doesn't do it anymore :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:32:38 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Fairy nuff, as Dave would say.

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Burntwood, Staffordshire, UK
Lovely piccie at the start of this post. I love dogs,but just hate cats.
  • Not driving at present on medical grounds

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't mind cats, my brother and me had a couple of mogs when we were children.

Last cat I had was a Birman called Khan about 20 years ago, great cat he was but kept inside and only allowed outside in his enclosed run, I like the birds too so cats outside need to be locked up :)

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
The problem is that most are allowed to wander everywhere,whereas dogs are usually confined to their owners property. Cats kill millions of birds everywhere

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The problem is that most are allowed to wander everywhere,whereas dogs are usually confined to their owners property. Cats kill millions of birds everywhere
Not only birds but a lot of endangered wildlife is also at risk here due to cats which is why some of the councils are starting to introduce registration like with dogs, cats are being restricted to indoors and neutering is being enforced by many veterinary clinics on non pure bred cats.

Still many owners even around my house that couldn't care less about the wildlife though, it's not the cats fault for doing what's natural...it's bloody irresponsible owners :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Who are you calling irresponsible?  :evil:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline andsome

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Not only birds but a lot of endangered wildlife is also at risk here due to cats which is why some of the councils are starting to introduce registration like with dogs, cats are being restricted to indoors and neutering is being enforced by many veterinary clinics on non pure bred cats.

Still many owners even around my house that couldn't care less about the wildlife though, it's not the cats fault for doing what's natural...it's bloody irresponsible owners :disapp:

Registration for dogs was abandoned many years ago in the UK. A  registration fee of seven shillings and sixpence used to apply.  Equivalent in today's money to 37.5 pence, worth a lot more in those days.  I wish a neutering scheme for cats was in force here, they are a pest.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal