Bloody Telstra..

Dazzler · 13 · 2991

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Bloody Telstra! I recently noticed that they upped my Broadband (NBN) download limit to Unlimited (from 200GB)
It doesn't really make much if any difference to us because we only ever use a maximum of 100GB download per month (often much less)

Anyway, I thought "that's nice, must be a reward for being a loyal customer for over 20 years" WRONG...

Got an email yesterday. Your bonus offer is coming to an end on 18th January 2018 and your plan will increase to $100 per month from that date (up from $80) You are welcome to swap to one of our other plans (see below) But, the good news is you now have an unlimited download allowance (whoopy do)

Currently getting free local and STD calls within Australia and capped priced Mobile calls but all their other plans with more than 100GB download limit are pay as you go calls!

We don't hardly use our home phone anyway so I'll cancel it (but it's the principle of the thing) Ba$tards... LOL

We have both our mobiles with Telstra as they still appear to have better signal in rural Tassie and 3 x T-boxes which we use to watch Foxtel and stuff, so tricky to swap to another provider (but tempting)

I will be negotiating fiercely for a better deal...

We even have Telstra shares (not that they are worth much now ... no wonder)

Rant over! I feel better now ....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Yes I noticed all the new plans with Telstra are with pay as you go phone calls. Like you at the moment I have unlimited calls with my 1000gb plan , I am now wondering what is going to happen when I come to the end of my yearly contract. Problem I have is Telstra owns the cable to my house and although I think I am allowed to go with another provider Telstra charges them for the use of the cable and it works out more expensive.  :undecided:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes I noticed all the new plans with Telstra are with pay as you go phone calls. Like you at the moment I have unlimited calls with my 1000gb plan , I am now wondering what is going to happen when I come to the end of my yearly contract. Problem I have is Telstra owns the cable to my house and although I think I am allowed to go with another provider Telstra charges them for the use of the cable and it works out more expensive.  :undecided:

I'm about to test their flexibility John. Usually they will do something to sweeten the deal for an unhappy customer. I will let you know how I go...  :victory:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I'm just in the middle of negotiations with Foxtel.
Their first offer would save me a whopping $7 a month.
I started the game knowing I was prepared to add them completely.
My next move will be to phone and tell them to cancel the whole deal.
Which is pretty much what I intended to do anyway. Be interesting to see if they have a plan B.
If not, we're about a thousand a year better off.
 :goodjob:
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Bloody Telstra! I recently noticed that they upped my Broadband (NBN) download limit to Unlimited (from 200GB)
It doesn't really make much if any difference to us because we only ever use a maximum of 100GB download per month (often much less)

Anyway, I thought "that's nice, must be a reward for being a loyal customer for over 20 years" WRONG...

Got an email yesterday. Your bonus offer is coming to an end on 18th January 2018 and your plan will increase to $100 per month from that date (up from $80) You are welcome to swap to one of our other plans (see below) But, the good news is you now have an unlimited download allowance (whoopy do)

Currently getting free local and STD calls within Australia and capped priced Mobile calls but all their other plans with more than 100GB download limit are pay as you go calls!

We don't hardly use our home phone anyway so I'll cancel it (but it's the principle of the thing) Ba$tards... LOL

We have both our mobiles with Telstra as they still appear to have better signal in rural Tassie and 3 x T-boxes which we use to watch Foxtel and stuff, so tricky to swap to another provider (but tempting)

I will be negotiating fiercely for a better deal...

We even have Telstra shares (not that they are worth much now ... no wonder)

Rant over! I feel better now ....

God bless de-regulation and all the BS that comes with it. After finally getting the 86 yo old fart off Telstra he's now back and stuck with them thanks to NBN. I now have the pleasure of getting cc'd on all his abusive emails to Telstra.

Dazz, it's been a con for years.  We've had our service limit extended several times. We don't come close. They could discount instead that would win some loyalty, but greed always take precedence.

:spitty: My rant on privatisation and how the market competres and keeps prices low(NOT)
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Had to wait for about 30 minutes at their shop to get served (flat out as usual) but atleast they serve people in order of arrival.

Young girl who helped me was very nice and very helpful. Said I can get 1000GB for $80 if I don't want a home phone any more (because it would be pay as you go for calls) I said I'd probably be happy enough with that. But she also said (under her breath) that I probably should wait until a little closer to the time (mid January) as I might be able to negotiate something else...  :winker:

She also told me about an amazing deal on a Samsung Galaxy 8 which is $11 p/m less than I am paying now on my LG G4 and about $50 a month better than the same deal online??? She printed it out for me so i could research the phone online before deciding. As my other phone is nearly out of contract I'm very tempted if she will honour that deal on Monday.  :crazy1:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Yes I think $80 for 1000gb broadband + $20 for fast speed + $10 for unlimited local calls & $15 if needed for international call bundle.  On unlimited gb $99 plan when bonus offer of Foxtel runs out full whack to keep it.  :undecided:

:link: Broadband Internet Plans and Bundles from Telstra
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:33:35 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I thought one of the big promotional items of NBN was free phone calls?

Though I hear that NBNco is charging like a Governmant monopoly having take out all the competition.

I will not be in a rush to change from my unlimited plan.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
We've got Telstra here and they're absolutely crap, service is constantly down and trying to deal with their Philippines based help centre is downright aggravating :head_butt:

Our plan is just about up so we'll be changing to TPG for $59.99 unlimited...don't need any home phone service as the Amaysim $30 mobile plan gives me 5gb and unlimited calls local and international.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
We have until August 2018 they tell us.
Funny part is that the "silver column" terminal that was 30 m away from the new node has gone.
So I assume we're using the cable but on the old plan and modem. ??  :wacko:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes I think $80 for 1000gb broadband + $20 for fast speed + $10 for unlimited local calls & $15 if needed for international call bundle.  On unlimited gb $99 plan when bonus offer of Foxtel runs out full whack to keep it.  :undecided:

:link: Broadband Internet Plans and Bundles from Telstra

We already pay 19.50 extra for foxtel on T-box.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
I will join the great NBN cockup. Decided on Optus at $60 per month package and after a month they finally sent out a technician who would be here between 8am-12pm Monday, and he turns up 11.45am, pulls bed to side, drills hole in middle of bedroom wall for nbn cable, so now bed can't go back into original position, leaves with no phone working, no instructions or guide on setting up, and no firKing Internet. Called overseas helpline who had the audacity to tell me the set up instructions are online, Ha fecking ha was my response.  :crazy1:

Serioulsly they expect u to call a expensive rate helpline to be told that bs, and that would be 24-48 hours to resolve any issues. Anyway Finally got it going myself, now have a bed in middle of room, and Internet that is smidgeon faster than adsl2 before. I'm 400m from exchange, I believe it's fibre in the street and the government have skimped on the final most important connection to the house. What a joke, it's embarrassing compared to any other country. We should  have stuck with dial up, cos this NBN has same reliability with regular drop outs.

Ok rant over where's me beer, pins and Optus voodoo doll.
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
where's me beer, pins and Optus voodoo doll.
Can you stick some rusty nails in for me too, please :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal