i30 Owners Club

Tuning in UK a 2015 crd 108 bhp

Offline Fast boy

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Edinburgh, uk
Had a look around the site and there are not many up to date posts for UK tuning.

I have a 2015 crdi 108 Hp which I am looking to tune was thinking of using Quantum tuning but could be persuaded to go elsewhere.

Based in Edinburgh Scotland.

Any views welcome.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hyundai i30 diesel 2015 crd

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome.  There was quite a bit of torque talk about tuning boxes and ecu mapping with the original series 1 (FD) model, but as you say not so much with the series 2 (GD) for some reason.

They are essentially the same motor.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There is also RaceChip, they're well known and give good results :link: Chip tuning Hyundai i30 (GD) 1.6 CRDi | From Racechip

Choose the far right drop down for your vehicle power trim.

Offline electroman5000

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester, UK
Fast boy do you want an actual ECU remap or just a tuning chip, i.e. magic black box?
http://www.cartuningclinic.com/ these guys seem to be based near Edinburgh.
Also you might want to have a look into this: :link: TDI-Tuning - Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive 108 BHP / 110 PS / 81 KW / 260 NM / 192 LBFT Tuning Box System
I guess that's for your car, isn't it?  My colleague has got an Audi A7, and he's had it "black boxed" from tdi-tuning by for 13 months, done 23k miles, no issues and he's very happy.  Apparently their tuning boxes don't just send false signal to ECU so that more fuel is injected (which f*cks up your DPF as result), but also modifies the air flow, i.e. adjusts turbo boost. So logically engine should have enough air to burn off all that extra fuel.
As well there are about 7 settings (minimum to maximum boost), so you get the chance to play around and find your best.
Might be worth looking at.
I'm tempted myself to get one of these, but on the other hand also thinking to do a remap instead, once the warranty runs out. Not that I need all those extra 40 horses (20 will do just fine), just want to get rid of the "stupid pedal" syndrome on low revs.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 19:51:32 by electroman5000 »
  • 2014 1.6 CRDi 128hp Style "Cream"

guest9517
Talking about tuningboxes in the 108 (81 KW) engine, do remember that it´s restricted to 85% in the ECU.

This means that a proper chiptuning will, just by removing the torque-limit, bring it up to the 127/128 BHP also available on the i30 model range.

From there, its possible to raise by approx. 30 BHP so a proper chiptuning will send you 160 BHP /325 Nm

A tuningbox will not be able to get anywhere near this due to the 85% restriction.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal