i30 Owners Club

Gday from Australia ...

Offline Zoltan67

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Lake Macquarie
Hi i30 Forum!
After owning over 22 Ford Falcons over the last 30 years, both for work and play (racing old superbikes)
and finding that the Ford Ute I  just bought -2007 model - has no real ute body under it's plastic 'tray liner' so I cannot bolt two bikes down properly ...
I might as well grab a trailer again, which I did and buy a car to tow it with.
Being sick of replacing things on falcons, and having been very happy with my Wife's 2011 Kia Sportage Diesel, clocking 200,000Ks now, I decided to buy a small diesel car cheap anough for driving to work, 50Ks per day, as well as towing a light trailer with two race bikes. So I bought this 2009 i30 TD 5 sp manual COUNTRY WAGON.
Flew to pick it up after a mate looked at it and trailered it home, then drove it a bit down the coast to buy a secondhand trailer, and towed both back, with roof racks on, getting 6.5l'100Ks.. not bad.
So far it's comfy, has good power for what it is.
I used to tow two bikes and gear with a Honda CRV 1999 model manual, it flew, so if this goes almost as well at least, I'll be happy.
This one has had the steering link replaced and calibrated, roof racks, new tyres, recent oil change though I'll be doing such soon anyway myself.. and new front shock inserts and new rear shocks. And it came with a towbar already and no signs of any major wear n tear on driving it, so I don't think it's towed much at all.
Only thing of interest is how close to the floow the clutch grab point is, and a little hummmm when depressing the clutch pedal, likely the throwout bearing being old. We'll see how that goes.
Thanks for running this forum and seeing so much info, hopefully I won't need to solve many dramas.
Cheers
Zol
  • 2009 i30 Country Wagon Diesel 5spManual

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi i30 Forum!
After owning over 22 Ford Falcons over the last 30 years, both for work and play (racing old superbikes)
and finding that the Ford Ute I  just bought -2007 model - has no real ute body under it's plastic 'tray liner' so I cannot bolt two bikes down properly ...
I might as well grab a trailer again, which I did and buy a car to tow it with.
Being sick of replacing things on falcons, and having been very happy with my Wife's 2011 Kia Sportage Diesel, clocking 200,000Ks now, I decided to buy a small diesel car cheap anough for driving to work, 50Ks per day, as well as towing a light trailer with two race bikes. So I bought this 2009 i30 TD 5 sp manual COUNTRY WAGON.
Flew to pick it up after a mate looked at it and trailered it home, then drove it a bit down the coast to buy a secondhand trailer, and towed both back, with roof racks on, getting 6.5l'100Ks.. not bad.
So far it's comfy, has good power for what it is.
I used to tow two bikes and gear with a Honda CRV 1999 model manual, it flew, so if this goes almost as well at least, I'll be happy.
This one has had the steering link replaced and calibrated, roof racks, new tyres, recent oil change though I'll be doing such soon anyway myself.. and new front shock inserts and new rear shocks. And it came with a towbar already and no signs of any major wear n tear on driving it, so I don't think it's towed much at all.
Only thing of interest is how close to the floow the clutch grab point is, and a little hummmm when depressing the clutch pedal, likely the throwout bearing being old. We'll see how that goes.
Thanks for running this forum and seeing so much info, hopefully I won't need to solve many dramas.
Cheers
Zol
Good for another 200000K at least :mrgreen: Don't know what the clutch point is like new but mine's almost on the deck too
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Zol,

Interesting 1st post. We just call them CW's but you can call it whatever you want. We have a long term Member @Lakes  who used to race bikes, you might know each other (so I tagged him)

The 1.6 Diesel motor is a gem so I'm sure you'll be happy.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Welcome Zol,

Interesting 1st post. We just call them CW's but you can call it whatever you want. We have a long term Member @Lakes  who used to race bikes, you might know each other (so I tagged him)

The 1.6 Diesel motor is a gem so I'm sure you'll be happy.  :goodjob:
I always thought CW was Compact Wagon.  :lol:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
And then I found this

:link: AustralianCar.Reviews: #1 for Reviews and Used Car Valuations

Crossover Wagon, think your right dazz, safer to just  say CW (not CCs :rofl:)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
g day m8, I loved the little i30 diesel manual I had!!
also owned a few ford Ute's. last one 2004 v8.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day zol,

:i30:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome