i30 Owners Club

Dash Cam install 2018 PD2 i30 active

Offline Lensi30

• 1st Gear

• australia
Hi all

New to the forum , wondering if anyone has installed :link: BlackVue DR900S-2CH Dash Cam - BlackVue Australia or similar . Looking at option to have this permanent supplied and not via cigarette lighter :) I did see some old hyandai posts with fuse piggy backing would this be the same for the pd series ?
  • 2018 PD2 4 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, White

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Looking at option to have this permanent supplied and not via cigarette lighter  I did see some old hyandai posts with fuse piggy backing would this be the same for the pd series ?

Yeah, fuse piggy back or usually known as a "fuse tap". You will need the Micro version, lots of them on eBay. I connected mine the same way, different camera though. Can't remember which fuse I used, just poke around with a volt meter ;)
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Blackvue will supply all fuse taps with the product, I decided to power my Cellink Neo backup battery and 900s from the wiper fuse rather than the accessories so that the battery and cam only function while ignition is on completely, I bought a different 25a fuse from service station to fit with the tap into to 25a wiper socket with 20a feed to battery.

Blackvue 900s and Cellink here :link: Dash cams

Install pictures here :link: Adding in Dash Cam

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:07:54 by CraigB »

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Fuse pinout for the PD :link: Hyundai i30 (2018) ? fuse box diagram | Auto Genius different to my GD but you'll still need to power from a minimum 20a fuse if you go that route with the battery backup.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal