i30 Owners Club

Pioneer radio hack?

L3x · 5 · 2669

Offline L3x

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium

• Thé first step towards succes is daring to fail
Hi all,
I've got a question involving an AVIC F980 DAB car radio from Pioneer. I'm currently looking in to hacking the radio to remove all the nag screens and limitations currently in the devices OS wich seems to be Android (looking at thé development options menu).  However I've looked far and wide ; posted my questions on avic411.com , xda and I've used all of my GoogleFu energie to find any sort of tutorial concidering this hack, but no luck.

Is there anyone here who could help me out and put me on track to get creative ? I'd love to modify the original firmware Found on pioneers website and remove the video in motion limitation and the nag screen at start up.

Specs ;
- Pioneer AVIC F980DAB [EU software 1.08/2018] built in An Hyundai I30 1.4 Diesel  - 2015 model.
- Development options have been enabled and there should be a possibility for ADB over USB.
( I have Found this setting and tried to put the radio from host to device, it reboots as it should yet doesn't save the set value. )

Any help would be welcome

Cheers
  • 2015 - 5 Doors - Diesel 1.4 - Manual

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day,
sounds as if you're heading in a new direction for operation systems.  You may call yourself a "pioneer "
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think you may be better looking for answers on a Pioneer user forum or similar, very few if any might have the system you've mentioned and not being Hyundai specific makes it an uncommon question here on the i30 owners club forum :undecided:

Offline L3x

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium

G'Day,
sounds as if you're heading in a new direction for operation systems.  You may call yourself a "pioneer "

I hear a *badum tsss" along with this , lol :crazy2:

Offline L3x

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium

I think you may be better looking for answers on a Pioneer user forum or similar, very few if any might have the system you've mentioned and not being Hyundai specific makes it an uncommon question here on the i30 owners club forum :undecided:

I've allready searched far and wide , but lots of forums are dead tbh. Thé only lead I have now is to trick the radio in to 'misreading' thé car speed and ground the e-brake , but I'm unsure if switching the radio wires would Mess with the speed gages in thé dash. I dont mind if my gps gives the wrong (of no) speed, but I don't want to mess up my actual speedometer in thé dash...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal