i30 Owners Club

i30 2015 Tourer Wagon DCT unsafe

Offline Sharpie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
I have previously mentioned the problems with the DCT but now the “stalling” of the transmission is becoming more frequent. A serious safety issue, as it happens at random in traffic.I’m having much trouble with Hyundai, getting them to admit this is an inherent problem in the 2015/2016 i30.
I notice some members have raised this issue before. I would like to hear how members have fared getting Hyundai to address this issue. They have replaced the DCT twice since I purchased the car second hand in August 2018, still not fixed. Please post a comment if you are having similar problems
  • 2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! So, you are saying it's been replaced twice under warranty in 6 months on a car you bought 2nd hand and now it is behaving even worse than when the original problem surfaced! :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Fill me in on the concern please.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Sharpie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
The concern is quite simply that the car is potentially unsafe to drive, as the transmission disengages at random times , and causes a serious safety issue. HYUNDAI have now agreed to have the DCT completely checked out by another Hyundai dealer, to ensure the new clutch  (now the third clutch), replaced in February by another HYUNDAI dealer has been properly installed and calibrated etc. if they say they can find nothing wrong with the DCT, i will pursue the matter further with the ACCC , and do an unsafe product report.It means that the DCT is inherently unsafe. Surely I am not the only owner in all of AUSTRALIA with this issue? I asked the HYUNDAI customer care manager if she was aware of other owners having the same issue, her reply was “I am not a technical person so I can’t answer that question”!!!  Sounds like an evasive answer and I interpret that as a “Yes, but I’m not admitting it”. She is a customer care manager and doesn’t need technical knowledge to know if this is a known issue, she would know if there have been other complaints about this issue. I am continuing to pursue the issue with vigor.  Hopefully Hyundai will come good, I am now getting further along the road to a solution I think. HYUNDAI now seem to be taking me seriously. Watch this space!
  • 2015 Hyundai i30 Tourer Wagon

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
The concern is quite simply that the car is potentially unsafe to drive, as the transmission disengages at random times , and causes a serious safety issue. HYUNDAI have now agreed to have the DCT completely checked out by another Hyundai dealer, to ensure the new clutch  (now the third clutch), replaced in February by another HYUNDAI dealer has been properly installed and calibrated etc. if they say they can find nothing wrong with the DCT, i will pursue the matter further with the ACCC , and do an unsafe product report.It means that the DCT is inherently unsafe. Surely I am not the only owner in all of AUSTRALIA with this issue? I asked the HYUNDAI customer care manager if she was aware of other owners having the same issue, her reply was “I am not a technical person so I can’t answer that question”!!!  Sounds like an evasive answer and I interpret that as a “Yes, but I’m not admitting it”. She is a customer care manager and doesn’t need technical knowledge to know if this is a known issue, she would know if there have been other complaints about this issue. I am continuing to pursue the issue with vigor.  Hopefully Hyundai will come good, I am now getting further along the road to a solution I think. HYUNDAI now seem to be taking me seriously. Watch this space!

You know what, best of luck.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

I'm no expert, just like to point out, that type trans really good in the country & gets worked very hard in the city. I have a friend that has a Ford Focus with the DCT & its a 2.2 diesel they live in the bush and have 450,000 trouble free motoring up on the DCT.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Whilst I acknowledge the frustration the OP must have, some people just can't be helped.

Thanks for trying mate, and good to see you around again!
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Whilst I acknowledge the frustration the OP must have, some people just can't be helped.

Thanks for trying mate, and good to see you around again!

:goodjob2: :goodjob: Well said.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal