i30 Owners Club

Rear Seat Fold Down Handle Broken

DLomas · 3 · 1258

Offline DLomas

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia Brisbane

• i30 CW 2L Auto Wagon
I have a 2009 i30 CW (which I love btw). The handle to the drivers side rear seat fold down mechanism is broken. The handle is on the top RH side of the seat (see picture). I cant imagine how to get access to it to replace as the seat upholstery is sealed. Has anyone had any experience with this?
I notice on other threads that there was mention of the part - 894302L000WK (89430-2L000WK) which is available on Koraps or ebay. It doesnt look like the part I need (though its hard to tell from the one picture provided on ebay).

Any help or experience truly appreciated!!!

• 2009 i30CW

Offline Fury

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Pulling it apart isn't that difficult. Remove the rear seat from the car, and you will see how the carpet flaps over the upholstery. 
Cut the wire clasps ( you will use strong zip ties when replacing so take photos.) and get access to the latch. remove it and order the part that is on it or repair the unit with superglue and reinforcement.

If the seat is used all the time, it becomes more difficult, because you may not be able to get parts quickly or repair it once its pulled down it would take a motor trimmer about 15 minutes to do this, so you could pay someone about $30au to do this, fix it then reassemble ( about another $30) and you can refit (he will use the original hog rings to reassemble) I would charge $20 for each ( pull down and replace) r & r as an in shop job.

A wrecker may also have a suitable part

• 2009 FD SR 5 Door Hatch, petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Red

Offline DLomas

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia Brisbane

• i30 CW 2L Auto Wagon
Thanks for that help Fury.
I got the part - 894302L000WK (89430-2L000WK) cause I found some other photos online & it certainly looks like the right part. I'm waiting for that from Koraps (Korea) so I'll pull the seat apart when it gets here. Luckily the (RH rear) seat is usually down as my dog loves to ride with his head out the window. Lets see how it turns out!
  • 2009 i30CW

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal