i30 Owners Club

PD Service Reminder Reset

marti30 · 21 · 10834

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
Does anyone know how to reset the service reminder on a PD. Although my UK diesel has been on the road for fewer than 11 weeks I get the spanner message because the supplying dealer entered a service interval of 10,000 miles instead of 20,000.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Does anyone know how to reset the service reminder on a PD. Although my UK diesel has been on the road for fewer than 11 weeks I get the spanner message because the supplying dealer entered a service interval of 10,000 miles instead of 20,000.
Maybe give them a ring and ask them to reset or change it to what it should be if that's correct.

Most service reminders extiguish after you go past the interval far enough but I don't know what Hyundais do.

So does this mean this car is only going to get new oil and filter once every 20000 miles?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I wonder if it's similar to the GD?

Check this video, a little clumsy but he tries awfully hard to get it done, mildly comical

:link: 2015 Hyundai i30 Service Reset customise interval as well. Australian model - YouTube

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is Hilarious!  :snigger: So that was his quickly as possible video!  :whistler:

Why didn't he just edit out the first bit! I gave up watching, but assumed he got it in the end!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
Thanks for the prompt replies. The amusing clip was entertaining rather than useful but another You Tube film looked much better. Next time I use the car I'll have a fiddle. After 10,000 clicked round the message went to service due in minus miles.
My previous i30 (2009.5 model year FD 1.6 u2 crdi) had an engine oil and oil filter change every 20,000 miles and new air, fuel and pollen filters every 100,000 miles. It's recommended service interval was 12,500 miles. In 8 years it gave me 288,818 largely trouble free miles and seems to be on the road with a new owner. Its my intention is to run my PD (recommended service interval 20,000 miles) under a similar regime of benign neglect.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Oh, I forgot you were THAT guy.. please carry on...  :D

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Oh, I forgot you were THAT guy.. please carry on...  :D
Stop reading my mind Dazz, I just realised the same thing. Sorry Marti forgot you were "that guy" with the blown head gasket and every conceiveable stat and pence spent documented, :faint:  :goodjob2:

Good luck with the new car :mrgreen:

Offline Lachiepower0402

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Windsor, NSW
Don't know if you were able to reset it yet but, to reset it, keep pressing the page looking button until you come to the settings page, push down until you get to service reminder, then press down until you get to reset, then press the up and down button in to select ok. If you can't find the service reminder in settings, the dealership would of set it to workshop only, which means you will have to get them to reset it
  • 2018 i30 SR Red

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
'That guy'? I don't know what you mean!
So you don't want to know about the service recalls relating to my illuminated MIL and sticky front door handles?
The fuel economy of the PD has been poor (I'll spare you the statistics this time, even though they are quite interesting) but I'm hoping it will improve after a lambda sensor is replaced under warranty.
Managed to reset the service reminder, it's easy when you know how, so thanks for the help with that.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

'That guy'? I don't know what you mean!
So you don't want to know about the service recalls relating to my illuminated MIL and sticky front door handles?
The fuel economy of the PD has been poor (I'll spare you the statistics this time, even though they are quite interesting) but I'm hoping it will improve after a lambda sensor is replaced under warranty.
Managed to reset the service reminder, it's easy when you know how, so thanks for the help with that.

I hope you weren't offended. Wasn't meant to be a shot. Good on you I reckon. I think we all enjoyed hearing about your journey with your last i30 (except those that do interim services..  :snigger: )

More than happy to hear similar about the new one!  :cool:

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
None taken, this time, after all I do go on a bit, the intention being to demonstrate that it is possible to run a new car relatively cheaply and for this reason it's important to know the price of everything if not the value.

This morning it had the following service recall work carried out:
ECU upgrade
Lambda sensor replacement
Front door handle assemblies replaced

Initial impressions are that it runs more smoothly and economically, possibly because they cleaned it (which is something I've not done myself yet).

Although I can now reset the service reminder it seems that it has to be hooked up to change the interval.

Hyundai are aware that the front camera blocks too easily (especially when there's rain or spray) and are working on a fix.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
None taken, this time, after all I do go on a bit, the intention being to demonstrate that it is possible to run a new car relatively cheaply and for this reason it's important to know the price of everything if not the value.

This morning it had the following service recall work carried out:
ECU upgrade
Lambda sensor replacement
Front door handle assemblies replaced

Initial impressions are that it runs more smoothly and economically, possibly because they cleaned it (which is something I've not done myself yet).

Although I can now reset the service reminder it seems that it has to be hooked up to change the interval.

Hyundai are aware that the front camera blocks too easily (especially when there's rain or spray) and are working on a fix.
ECU upgrade? What was that fix for? Is this a petrol and having start issues? Few petrol  owners over here starting to complain about not  starting with  the  smart key setup

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That is interesting about the radar and the ECU upgrade. Could be different over here being a different factory and different engines too. I don't think you get the 1.6 Petrol Turbo in Europe which some in Australia are having starting issues with.

I have had a BSM disabled, Radar blocked message several times which seems to only affect the Blind Spot monitoring fortunately . Hopefully they will find a fix for that eventually, although the starting issue is the most urgent.

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
My PD is a UK diesel manual hatchback. They couldn't (or perhaps wouldn't) tell me what the ECU upgrade was for. I think it was a programming fix rather than a replacement part. The dealer seems very reluctant to give me supporting paperwork for free of charge warranty/service recall work. Subjectively I think the car is now smoother and more economical. I haven't been able to measure the fuel consumption since the work was carried out. The front door handles now have a lovely smooth action.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My PD is a UK diesel manual hatchback. They couldn't (or perhaps wouldn't) tell me what the ECU upgrade was for. I think it was a programming fix rather than a replacement part. The dealer seems very reluctant to give me supporting paperwork for free of charge warranty/service recall work. Subjectively I think the car is now smoother and more economical. I haven't been able to measure the fuel consumption since the work was carried out. The front door handles now have a lovely smooth action.

It is good they are doing these things proactively. There should be some records kept by HYundai UK about any warranty/service work done on the vehicle so you probably don't need to have anything in writing. Also good to hear the fixes have made some positive difference.  :goodjob:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I have had a BSM disabled, Radar blocked message several times which seems to only affect the Blind Spot monitoring fortunately .

Yeah, because there are 3 radars (at least) on our cars. Two in the back corner under the bumper (one each side), they do BSM and cross traffic when in reverse. The front one under the badge does cruise control, emergency braking etc.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I have had a BSM disabled, Radar blocked message several times which seems to only affect the Blind Spot monitoring fortunately .

Yeah, because there are 3 radars (at least) on our cars. Two in the back corner under the bumper (one each side), they do BSM and cross traffic when in reverse. The front one under the badge does cruise control, emergency braking etc.

You still getting the message sometimes too Hati? Hopefully by the end of june when my car hits 30K and is 12 months old they will have a fix in place.  :undecided:

Certainly hasn't cause me too much grief so far.

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
You still getting the message sometimes too Hati?

No, mostly because it has hardly done any trips since. Got the car in October/November and it has less than 6000 Km in it and that with a 2000 km round trip we did end of last year and the expedited 1400 km to get to the service before that trip ;)
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You still getting the message sometimes too Hati?

No, mostly because it has hardly done any trips since. Got the car in October/November and it has less than 6000 Km in it and that with a 2000 km round trip we did end of last year and the expedited 1400 km to get to the service before that trip ;)

:eek: Any chance of swapping odometers?  :whistler: :evil:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Any chance of swapping odometers?

Depends on the size of the bribe on offer :D
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:rofl: :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal