i30 Owners Club

Windscreeen washer I30 09: no sound when washing front

Offline blackpudding

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Rear washer works fine; I can hear the motor. I get no sound when trying to wash the front. I thought they operated from one motor??  Any ideas please?
  • I30 1.4 Petrol

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Didn't you have this same issue last year?

EDIT: yep, similar...

:link: I30 2008 windscreen washer pump. Pump still working but not reaching jets.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline blackpudding

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Hi Shambles. On previous I30 the filter was blocked and I managed to clear it. This is different because it works fine on the back and I can hear the pump. On the front windscreen there is no sound from the pump and no jet of course. I suppose it might be some electrical connection. I'll just have to get the cover off under the wing (that's the ball ache) and test the motor. I just hope it's not a connection within the control stalk. I'm sure it's not the filter this time. I've stopped using any wash additive. Thanks for you're interest
  • I30 1.4 Petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Shambles. On previous I30 the filter was blocked and I managed to clear it. This is different because it works fine on the back and I can hear the pump. On the front windscreen there is no sound from the pump and no jet of course. I suppose it might be some electrical connection. I'll just have to get the cover off under the wing (that's the ball ache) and test the motor. I just hope it's not a connection within the control stalk. I'm sure it's not the filter this time. I've stopped using any wash additive. Thanks for you're interest

Hi blackpudding. If you can hear the motor and the back one is working then it is not electrical. Pretty sure the one pump/bottle does both, so it has to be a pipe come of or blocked (to the front washers) I reckon.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline blackpudding

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Thanks Dazzler. Problem solved. Pulled the wiper stalk a bit harder and worked it about. It started pumping and now working fine. Connection a bit sticky/bit of dust??
  • I30 1.4 Petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal