i30 Owners Club

i30 - Why it is the right car for me - 5 years up!

adj50 · 3 · 18288

Offline adj50

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2011 SX 1.6 gasoline, 4sp-auto, Melbourne, OZ
My i30, FD, built Nov2011, 1.6 gasoline 4 speed auto is now 5 years old. It has just been serviced, no irregularities noted in the workshop, and no issues to report from my side. I have travelled 43,000ks, mostly in Melbourne city/suburbs, average 91RON fuel consumption is 8.6 L/100k. It has been a perfect ride - 100% reliability. I am 72, retired, and none of my previous 23 cars were this well-behaved.

Due to the mainly very short trips to/from shopping centers, my mechanic suggested the car would appreciate a good long drive. So I tossed a 1-man-tent and sleeping bag in the back and headed off to Port Augusta, Alice Springs, Darwin, Broome, Exmouth, Perth, Adelaide and back home to Melbourne some 13,000ks and 4 weeks later. The mechanic was right - the car just loved it - country life is just so much more relaxed and it sipped just 6.5 L/100k along the way.

For those interested, I posted about my original criteria for buying an i30 and subsequent buyers remorse...
:link: i30 – Why it is the right car for me!

I followed that up with another status post after one year...
:link: i30 - Why it is the right car for me - 1 year up.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Some great in-depth posts there :goodjob:

Personally I'd recommend running one tank of premium fuel (preferably BP 98) to every 4 which will keep the whole fuel system nice and clean.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Awesome! Thanks very much for that!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal